I want to turn my blues junior into a power amp with a speaker. i dont want the eq or anything, just the master volume. i got a POD x3, and this is the least coloration method i could think of.

anyone know?
if the blues JR has an efx loop. plug the pod into the efx return.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'd first try setting the amp to as clean a setting as possible, & set whatever Eq knobs it has to a neutral position, like maybe straight up, & use that as a starting point. I re-amp a cranked non-master volume 50W amp into a Crate power amp, & I leave the Crate's EQs in the 12:00 position straight up most of the time, rolling off a bit of treble as the volume gets to gig volume (the power amp's EQ controls can actually be very useful to fine tune your tone).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
the eq just colors it too much.

and it doesnt have an efx loop, and i cant afford an atomic amp.
Have you got stock tubes? May want to check into a tube that gives a bit more head room.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
Have you got stock tubes? May want to check into a tube that gives a bit more head room.

i dont have any tubes. i pulled them out.

but like i said, the eq just colors it too much.
Quote by SiegeCrew
i dont have any tubes. i pulled them out.

but like i said, the eq just colors it too much.

...how does your amp work at all then?

Besides, using a 15 watt tube amp as a clean poweramp won't work for anything other than practice. It's just not enough headroom, you can ignore the preamp as much as possible, and you'll still get poweramp breakup in a gig situation.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

Besides, using a 15 watt tube amp as a clean poweramp won't work for anything other than practice. It's just not enough headroom, you can ignore the preamp as much as possible, and you'll still get poweramp breakup in a gig situation.

i used it before i pulled the tubes and speaker.

but yeah, i dont want it for a gig situation, i just want it for band practice. oh well, i guess ill just try to find a cheap power amp. its not really a big deal right now, ill just see what options pop up.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

He's right. You'll probably need more power, even for band practice. I use a Crate Power Block power amp that I got at Guitar Center for $99 brand new. The thing's killer for that price, & it's the size of a wide shoe. Super compact, & plenty loud 75W/150W SS, but again , I boost the volume heavily w/ the other amp running into it.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Sell your blues junior and with that money you can buy like, a 400+watt poweramp, which is more than enough.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer