Hi
I bought some new strings today, they are 0.10 guage. I originally had .9 guage strings and i was wondering if this change will mess up my guitar? i play from tunings E to Drop C. Also a complete setup at my Guitar shop is £80, $160
i could I compromise by tuning down a semitone from E
Last edited by Spudderz at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Spudderz
Hi
I bought some new strings today, they are 0.10 guage. I originally had .9 guage strings and i was wondering if this change will mess up my guitar? i play from tunings E to Drop C. Also a complete setup at my Guitar shop is £80, $160

If you have a floating trem, then you might have to readjust the spring tension at the back. But its not a big change, you'll be fine. If you were going from 9's to 11's then you'd have work to do, but you'll be fine.

Also, 80 quid for a set up? Bloody hell where are you from?
Lancashire, and the guitar shop staff are bitches, they said i needed a full setup if i bought these strings. i didnt belive him

the shop is rimmers btw
i know i wll have to adjust intonation. how do i go about doing this? i only have a vague idea. thanks
any body else have an input on this? i just want to sure i wont mess up my guitar seeing as how much a setup costs for me
Last edited by Spudderz at Aug 1, 2008,
There are many websites you can find via google that will give you exact instructions (with pictures) on how to properly set up a guitar. There's nothing inherently difficult about any of it as long as you keep a few simple principles in mind.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Spudderz
Lancashire, and the guitar shop staff are bitches, they said i needed a full setup if i bought these strings. i didnt belive him

the shop is rimmers btw

there is a rimmers near me n they are all noobs
they no nothin in rimmers n they're expensive n they dont even let u try guitars over £200 unless ur buyin how gay
sorry, but i have only got one straight answer. can anyone else say if it will mess my guitar up or not?
Quote by hamer exp jp
they no nothin in rimmers n they're expensive n they dont even let u try guitars over £200 unless ur buyin how gay

Why should they let you piss around with the guitars if you're not planning on buying anything...it's a shop, not a youth club.

Spudderz, you can't really arse round with tunings if you've got a Floyd, you have to pick one and stick with it. If you're going from 9's to 10's then you're going to have to increase the spring tension a bit, just bear in mind it'll make your trem a fair bit stiffer.

If it's a fixed bridge then don't worry about it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 1, 2008,