i just bought a Decimator G String to use both before my effects loop and in my effects loop. where should I place the G String, in relation to my guitar, effects, and amp, before the effects loop and in the effects loop, respectively?

if that didn't make sense, here's the way i'm thinking it should go; maybe this might clarify the question:

guitar -> G String -> effects [1] -> amp input -> amp effects send -> effects [2] -> G String -> amp effects return
Place the G string post effects in the input and pre-effects in the loop
I.E
guitar -> effects [1] -> G String -> amp input -> amp effects send -> G String -> effects [2] ->amp effects return

That's what I would do anyway
thanks for your help, Horlix. i'll try your placement when it arrives.

anyone think there's a better placement for the Decimator G String?
I would put any effects you don't want in the loop straight after the guitar, and i would put the g string after the loop effects. It really is a nifty piece of kit

Sounds complicated but i found a diagram

Guitar -> non loop effects -> g string -> input
Send -> loop effects -> g string -> return
alex, so you're saying the G String should go post effects before the loop and also post effects in the loop?
okay, i just got back from out of town, and i had the chance to mess with the G String. i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong, but i can't seem to get any noise reduction without messing up my sustain and cutting off delay effects. here are the three setups i used; i got the same results with all three:

guitar -> G String -> effects [1] -> amp input -> amp effects send -> effects [2] -> G String -> amp effects return

guitar -> effects [1] -> G String -> amp input -> amp effects send -> effects [2] -> G String -> amp effects return

guitar -> effects [1] -> G String -> amp input -> amp effects send -> G String -> effects [2] -> amp effects return

the only thing i have left to try is putting the G String pre-effects before the FX loop and pre-effects in the FX loop, but that probably wouldn't do anything.

help?
EDIT: ^ how much gain are you using, and what do you have the threshold set at?

i'd probably do pretty much a combo of what horlicks and lemon said. i'd put it after your non-fx loop pedals, and after most of your fx loop pedals. just need to be careful with things like delay and reverb in your loop, as the decimator may chop off some of the repeats when they get softer- so you may want to put fx like that after the decimator.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?