i recently picked up 2 ibanez gios for 150 bucks 1 is a grx 40 the other a grx 20.i know they are the economy ibanez and they are made in china but they both set up pretty well got a nice playable action from both the necks are fast and thin.i am no shredder by any means bt i like both of them.i cant afford the higher priced models with kids and bills.i just wanted a little feedback on this gio series?i have played quite a few economy guitars that cost alot more and dont play half as well as these do.i know theres alot of gio haters on here so let me have it all the bad points.hopefully someone will have some good as well?????
Gio rules(for beginning anyway). But i prefer grg models. I have one that i still use and it's great.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
well, its an ibanez, so its already gonna be OK

and, its an RG series (unoficially) so its gonna play OK.

so, its gonna be an OK guitar, so getting an ok guitar (or 2) for 150$ is really good.

i think with most low budget stuff, it either works or it doesn't. Its not gonna have high guality parts, but itld work.
*Enter Sig Here*
Hey i have an ibanez GSA60 and ive played it for about 5 years now.
i recently picked up a 1982 ibanez blazer but i still often use the GSA60.
for a cheap guitar its definatly served me tremendously.
i also have a shortage of money and cant get to all the expensive gear
but the GSA60 has done me justice for so long
id never let this guitar go.
of corse ive made adjustments to it
such as a duncan invader in the bridge
and some cool rails in the neck
but i absolutly love the guitar!
if you can afford an amazing guitar
by all means buy it
but a good guitarist can make any guitar sound amazing ;]
besides all the greats worked with low quality guitars to begin with.
its not the money you spend, its the time you put into it.
sorry for the big essay!
xx
i had a grg. it played well. it didnt sound good and it was unreliable but i guess you get what you pay for.
Quote by Hale_91
well, its an ibanez, so its already gonna be OK

and, its an RG series (unoficially) so its gonna play OK.

so, its gonna be an OK guitar, so getting an ok guitar (or 2) for 150$ is really good.

i think with most low budget stuff, it either works or it doesn't. Its not gonna have high guality parts, but itld work.

All wrong
Quote by Horlicks
All wrong

so you disagree that:

1. because ibanez are an established company, their guitars will be better than online no brand crap for the same price

2. the RG is one of the most easily playable guitars ever, and that a cheap version of it will have the same playability.

if you think there both wrong, good for you.

if you dont. shut up, and take your crap somewhere else.
*Enter Sig Here*
I've had a bad experience with the quality of my GAX, but the tone is pretty good if you're into metal. I've heard they're generally good though, so I'll assume mine was a lemon.
I've been using a GSA 60...it's intonation kinda sucks but I never cared to get it fixed. As far as it actually plays...it feels like neck and all. Action's a little high, but again, I never cared to fix it.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Hale_91
so you disagree that:

1. because ibanez are an established company, their guitars will be better than online no brand crap for the same price

2. the RG is one of the most easily playable guitars ever, and that a cheap version of it will have the same playability.

I love internet fights, IM GONNA GIVE YOU AN E-PUNCH IF YOU DONT SHUTUP!
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
i have the GRX20
i really love it, i also own an RG and i think the GRX plays great for the price
there is a LOT of buzz, but cmon its a 150 dollar guitar
plus it has a fairly slow neck....

but it does play pretty smoothly and it has a freakin whammy bar!
and it will sound decent through a good amp with some drive
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by this&that
I love internet fights, IM GONNA GIVE YOU AN E-PUNCH IF YOU DONT SHUTUP!

ive done my fighting, ive proven my point.

but tbh, people that say stuff like "your wrong" etc., with out defining themselves are just here to crowd the pit.

they achieve nothing constructive at all.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
so you disagree that:

1. Have you played the guitar? Have you compared it to other guitars in the price range? Recommending a guitar based on brand name is a big . Ibanez can make a lot of shit too.

2. Opinion. I hate the high-end RG's, I can't imagine what the low-end play like.

3. Fuck you
@ shadow__666:

its either good or its bad, thats how it is with guitars in that price range.

@ Horlicks:

im not judging an instrument on its brand. im saying that an ibanez cheap guitar will be better than a *insert Chinese name here* guitar from the internet.

2. Opinion. I hate the high-end RG's, I can't imagine what the low-end play like.

thats your call, but it doesn't mean there bad guitars.

3. **** you

grow up.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Horlicks
1. Have you played the guitar? Have you compared it to other guitars in the price range? Recommending a guitar based on brand name is a big . Ibanez can make a lot of shit too.

3. Fuck you

What the hell? Grow up, dude.

They're fine for a beginner guitar.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
I really love the old ibanez electric guitars from the 80's as soon as the 90's hit, the quality just downgraded and the feel is just, not great. I find that every company went downhill with time but ibanez just mass produces like mofos and it hurts them, I haven't seen a new Ibanez that didn't need to get electronics and general parts get replaced within a year. and screws that randomly pop out from the pickups is common too.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
lol @ ibanez lovers.

Horlicks is right. Just because it's ibanez doesn't mean its gonna be good. In general.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator