Page 1 of 4
agree.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Strongly agree.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
As long as they sell quality equipment I really don't give a ****.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
They already sell super-cheap electrics (like 2 kinds) and one cheap type of acoustic like you get at walmart.

That's bad enough but, THIS? Wow.

TS, if music is dead to you, I wouldn't mind taking your KH202 and MG100HDFX w/ MG412 slant cab off your hands
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by isuckhardcore

This.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
because everybody should pay $8000 for a Suhr strat and a boutique halfstack so they can be a 'real musician'
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I find it ridiculous how you spelt ridiculuous.

ok I'll stop.

and I agree too.

Haha. Oops.
"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
damn i hope they sell some good stuff, my non-guitarist friends don't like going to Guitar Center, give me something to do while they're playing the Guitar hero demo
You are now blinking manually
So many people complain about salesman pressuring you at GC, this is a chance to avoid it. If music is dead to you because more people will get to try it and create new sounds, then you never liked music in the first place.
Besides, I can't seem to find any guitar/music shops around where I live. But there's a Best Buy across the street.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

"Each site will use about 2,500 square feet of retail space and include roughly 1,000 different products with well-known brand names such as Fender, Gibson, Drum Workshop and Roland."
DAMN YEAH.
I could run in there, get a pack of strings, a memory card, a part for a washer......
Now all they need is food and they will be better than Walmart!!

MC name = Bearrorism
I don't know why you guys are so offended. Not everyone has GC's near or where they live.
LARGE TEXT
Can anyone tell me why this is bad...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Because a large industrial company such as Walmart or Target is going to be selling musical equipment. They don't want "large men with large wallets" to be selling musical equipment, because they believe they are going to be very incompetent in information.

Did they forget Guitar Center is a large industrial chain too? (Perhaps industrial is the wrong word, I dunno)

I think this is good, more places to buy equipment, which I desperately need cause there are no music shops around where I live.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

If it's good quality instruments and good service, though I doubt that, then I don't mind. Some people don't even know where GC is. This is way to let people who have never touched an instrument a chance. But of course if the instruments are like Walmart's then I strongly disagree.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
As long as they sell quality instruments, GREAT! Maybe the competitiveness will bring prices down?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by saphrax
I can only see it as a good thing. Surely the buying power of such a large corp. means they can get reduced prices and pass on the savings to their customers.

Amen brotha'!
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by isuckhardcore

They won't. It's Best Buy. They're going to sell you bargain ****.

I remember seeing Squiers in some of the stores.
why do you guys even care? does it affect you as a musician? do you become worse when they sell. let them do what they want, don't shop there for instruments if you don't agree with it. it's not hard. continue buying from where you would normally. fuuck.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Archaon

Then you tell me, where am I going to get equipment? I see no music stores, but a Best Buy across the street.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by metal4all
They already sell super-cheap electrics (like 2 kinds) and one cheap type of acoustic like you get at walmart.

That's bad enough but, THIS? Wow.

TS, if music is dead to you, I wouldn't mind taking your KH202 and MG100HDFX w/ MG412 slant cab off your hands

Oh yeah, I remember trying to play a kid-sized no name brand guitar in a Best Buy once. It had like two strings and they were pulled so tight that I thought just pressing down on a fret would snap it and send it sailing into my eye.
Quote by isuckhardcore
Then you tell me, where am I going to get equipment? I see no music stores, but a Best Buy across the street.

Um, the place you got equipment before Best Buy carried it?

The response to this is ridiculous. Who cares if they start selling equipment that is less-than-par. It totally doesn't affect any of you. Get a grip.
Quote by isuckhardcore
Because a large industrial company such as Walmart or Target is going to be selling musical equipment. They don't want "large men with large wallets" to be selling musical equipment, because they believe they are going to be very incompetent in information.

Did they forget Guitar Center is a large industrial chain too? (Perhaps industrial is the wrong word, I dunno)

I think this is good, more places to buy equipment, which I desperately need cause there are no music shops around where I live.

I'm still not sure I understand, some are people angry because people are going to buy instruments that low-quality products that fits their wallets? Like you have to have expensive instruments to play music

I knew there were some elitists pricks here, but geez...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Archaon

DEAL WITH IT.
LARGE TEXT
I see no problem to be honest.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Kensai
I'm still not sure I understand, some are people angry because people are going to buy instruments that low-quality products that fits their wallets? Like you have to have expensive instruments to play music

I knew there were some elitists pricks here, but geez...

Some elitists? That's like saying there are a few white supremists in the Klan.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Quote by Dav23

LARGE TEXT
Quote by Dav23

White Protestant Christians FTW!!!!

disclaimer: i don't mean that
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Music is dead to you because beginner musicians will be able to find cheap entry level instruments? Sheesh, I never thought of it that way.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Kensai

Same thing I'm thinking...

Quote by Ur all $h1t
I see no problem to be honest.

We agree on something!
Quote by Burdell
Um, the place you got equipment before Best Buy carried it?

The response to this is ridiculous. Who cares if they start selling equipment that is less-than-par. It totally doesn't affect any of you. Get a grip.

I've moved.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

Quote by dgme92
Music is dead to you because beginner musicians will be able to find cheap entry level instruments? Sheesh, I never thought of it that way.

I think it's more the fact that Best Buy sells everything. They're the wal-mart of electronics. They have blenders, tv's, video games, iPods... everything. Big corporations making money is seen as a threat to the teenage populous that is, The Pit, because it represents "the man".

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by brleealbright
Music is dead to me.

Not a drama queen at all...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by metal4all
I think it's more the fact that Best Buy sells everything. They're the wal-mart of electronics. They have blenders, tv's, video games, iPods... everything. Big corporations making money is seen as a threat to the teenage populous that is, The Pit, because it represents "the man".

Except Guitar Center is the wal-mart of instruments. They sell guitars, basses, drums, strings, tab books, really a one stop shop for instrumental shopping.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Damn did anyone read the article. Yeah, Fenders and Gibsons are cheap bargain crap instruments...

I see no problem with this. Closest music store to me tried selling me a Squier for $300.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Page 1 of 4