Page 1 of 3
My album mentioned in the title is available for free download here. And yes, you read the title correctly. I have covered songs from the Zelda series and metalized them.

Everything on that album is done by me; the guitars are recorded using the line-out from my amp, the drums are done on Acoustica Beatcraft, and the bass is done on Guitar Pro 5. However, Koji Kondo and Nintendo hold all copyrights for the original music (obviously).

Some feedback about the album would be appreciated. I have already posted most of the individual songs in the Covers section, but I would like feedback based on the album as a whole.

Thanks.

Slut Edit: This rules.

EDIT: Here is the link to the album cover if anyone is interested. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/4/1/5/2/415220/pics/_c397397_image_0.jpg

------------------------------------

MEGA UPDATE

Hey everyone, I've finally recorded enough songs to make a sequel to the Zelda Metal album. This album is a mix of different video game songs, and here's the good news - there's 3 new Zelda tracks on it. There's also a Gears Of War cover which I have just finished. Enough talking, here's the link to download it! http://www.mediafire.com/?tjzmymmitkz
Last edited by 12Jim34 at Nov 25, 2008,
The link doesn't work.

But I really want to download this!!!

Edit: Nevermind the link works fine now. By the way, I've heard your songs before and they are awesome.
Last edited by SRK at Aug 1, 2008,
Damn, I'm at work but i will deff download when I get home. This sounds sick.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
I really liked it. But I would've liked some solos or improvisation, or something to make it your's. But it was all very well done. It sounds great
Thanks for the feedback so far guys

And yes, I agree some original solo of some sort would have been helpful, but I wouldn't say improvising or soloing are my strong points (which is why I started the album in the first place).

Thanks again!
pretty awsome and its great to see people offering free music
Beware : I am honest, but not brutal
I Love It!
"If you find your truth, follow it. People may say, "What the heck are you doing?" But it's OK if they don't get it. If you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you may be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine." - Buckethead
F-ing amazing.

Thanks for offering it up for free, I can actually see myself listening to this album quite a few times.
It reminds me of Zelda and 80's metal
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Downloaded.

Listened to.

And cherished.

:thumbsup:
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Amazing. Especially since I love Zelda and Metal. Very well done, although Like others have said Solos would be cool.
Dude this is F-ing amazing! I absolutely love it.

I'm a huge Nintendo nerd and Zelda is one of my favourite series, this is just pure awesomeness. How long did it take you to compose and record everything?

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
ive said it before and i'll say it again...

****ING AWESOME
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Thanks again guys, I appreciate it. It took me about one month in all but there was a big gap in between recording Gerudo Valley and Clock Town.
I approve. Heartily. I hope you don't mind that going on the iPod.

I mean, shit, my band might have to do a live cover of the overworld. This is awesome.
Quote by Flying Couch
I approve. Heartily. I hope you don't mind that going on the iPod.

I mean, shit, my band might have to do a live cover of the overworld. This is awesome.

I don't mind at all, I'm glad you like it. And I'd love to hear/see a live version of it, do you want the tab for it (I'm doing it now)? Just PM me with your e-mail or something and i'll send you the tab.

And I know my guitar's flat, I didn't actually realize while recording. It's something I can't change now, but thanks anyway.
If you could send me any guitar pro versions of any of these songs, that'd be amazing.

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
I'm afraid the only Guitar Pro files I have are for the bass in each song, and I also have a piano version of the Deku Palace theme. If you're looking to learn the songs, I have text tabs. Here's the link to download them: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kv7gpcuaqs
this isn't really all that great
it's not that hard to set this all up
no offence
but imo it's not that great
^^^ You're just delirious. Take a nap and then re-listen to it.

Words cannot describe its awesomeness...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

12Jim34
Oh...man Can You Download Your Muzic Once Again?
War Is Over
(If You Want It)

SorryForMyEnglish=)))

Accordion Muse S 384-K
Old thread, but I just clicked on your sig. I'm listening to it right now. I love it. I WANT MORE. may I suggest doing the Metroid series next?

SACRED GROVE FTW
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Aug 18, 2008,
Just got round to listening to it and it's fucking awesome Ahhhhh memories of sitting in front of a TV playing OoT
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

I'm a huge metalhead, and a huge Zelda fan. This is fucking perfect. (Clock Town FTW)

By the way, do you plan on making a "Volume 2"? Because I would like to hear more. Maybe more stuff from Ocarina rather than Majora's Mask.
Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away...
that was awesome. i must say i love the sweeps on clock town, and the overworld song is amazing.
but i was wondering if you have powertab and if you do have it could you make a tab list of it. and if not that could you please pm me the tabs. thanks. and i unfortunatly dont have Guitar Pro
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Thanks again everyone!

Quote by F8iscruel
that was awesome. i must say i love the sweeps on clock town, and the overworld song is amazing.
but i was wondering if you have powertab and if you do have it could you make a tab list of it. and if not that could you please pm me the tabs. thanks. and i unfortunatly dont have Guitar Pro

Thanks, you wouldn't believe how long that beginning part took me to get down perfectly, haha. And I already have text tabs for all the songs if you want 'em! The link to download them is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kv7gpcuaqs

And I'm not gonna do a Volume 2, but I may put one or two more on my upcoming album (which is an assortment of video game songs).
thanks for the link. and a suggestion just from an advent gamer such as myself (although i did call chrono trigger a shooter since i didnt recall it from my list of games) i would like to say do something from the kirby series maybe metaknights theme or something that uner his domain. and if you do some more zelda stuff try doing the rendetions of the songs that they do on wind waker and phaantom hourglass. im trying to think of other games like ratchet and clank and jak and daxter series. youve actually got me to really start thinking about this and if my playing was anything to speak for i would write some metal versions of game songs myself . hell you could do the theme for smash bros. or a metal family guy i know its not gameing but its still epic.

... thinking of it your influence for your music reminds me of herman li, you guys bot use games to come up with song and tones.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Haha, been following this on YouTube and UG for a while now. Excellent work! Could I get that YouTube image off you to use as the iTunes album cover please?

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
Haha, been following this on YouTube and UG for a while now. Excellent work! Could I get that YouTube image off you to use as the iTunes album cover please?

Sure thing, I'll edit it into the first post once I've uploded it. Thanks!
good **** man, this is awsome! i did learn gerudo vally from the tabs you sent me a while back man, its siick! keep up the good work! andd all you others are haters, if its so easy to arrange, then why didnt you do it?
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Ima unsticky this.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Page 1 of 3