Poll: Do you like chewing gum?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like chewing gum?
Yay Chewing Gum!
81 76%
Boo Chewing Gum!
26 24%
Voters: 107.
Page 1 of 2
Now I know many have their weird pet hates, and I definately have a few of my own. However as of late, I often find that the sound of people eating is one of the few things in this world which i can't stomach, if you pardon the pun.

But there is a particular substance going around, and has been for a considerable while. A substance which brings out the worst in all people. A substance which promotes ill behaviour, a substance which is the scourge of our day to day lives, a substance which we encounter every living day.

And that substance, is chewing gum.

Someone chewing gum, much likened to a cow chewing the cud, is an absolutely repulsive behaviour, and leads to many high stress trips on public transport with others who are not familiar with "chew with your mouth closed!"

Not only this, but at every traffic light, you can look at the ground and see all the gum which has been driven into the bitumen. Or tossed aside onto your pavement. When you're a kid, whats the worst thing that can happen to your clothes or hair? You get gum in it!

All this, for an item which is consumed like food, but has no value at all?

I vote for a ban on chewing gum.

Why would we have such a scourge of society, when we could simply use breathmints, Tic Tacs and Listerine Pocket Paks?

Thoughts?
fresh breath > bad breath.
Being bored and not chewing > chewing and being less bored.
prove me wrong.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
prove me wrong.

100% with you. But by the same token

Breathmint > Chewing gum
Gum is awesome

whoever says otherwise is a communist
You are now blinking manually
Gum is illegal in Singapore. At least if I hear correctly.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
first you ban chewing gum.....next thing you know, bam! communism

bad idea

I hate chewing gum, it tastes disgusting, has a disgusting quality to it (especially when left on the floor or on a bus after some tramp has had it in their mouth and then spat it out for all to see) and is actually quite unhealthy as I think it has been proven to give you stomach ulsers.
Quote by FarewellMemory
100% with you. But by the same token

Breathmint > Chewing gum

agreed
and i editted my last post
I like the feeling of having something in my mouth. I love it.

Edit: Fuck that came out wrong.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

I'm chewing gum now :/

Fresher breath, keeps me occupied, better than chewing picks, and most importantly

MOUTH
WORKOUT
Quote by spartan 118

Tehehehe....
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by spartan 118

Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Keyphur
Gum is awesome

Chewing gum is awesome, as is Communism
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
prove me wrong.

Your from Leicester... So no
Quote by spartan 118

Thats what she said?......... But seriously, I like gum, it freshes breath and it does prevent boredom as mentioned above. And FYI, I do keep my mouth closed while chewing it and I ALWAYS dispose of it in the proper waste recepticle. Its always the other people that ruin it.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
I agree with TS, the stuffs bloody horrible.

However I don't get annoyed by other people chewing it.

Worst thing about it - going to move a desk/table at school, only to put your fingers in someones gum that they 'disposed' of by sticking under said desk/table.

Edit: To make it clear, I dont mind people chewing gum, I just like them to dispose of it properly, so it doesn't crap up places.
Last edited by *powerslave* at Aug 1, 2008,
Breath mints don't work long enough. They only keep my mouth minty for a few minutes. Gum works for hours.

Now, I tend to chew with my mouth closed. And I also never spit t out onto the ground, I always use a trash can. People who stick gum under tables and the like are scummy.

Also, why the hell can't I find Wintergreen anymore? Pisses me off.
i love chewing gum..
i never throw it on the floor or shove it under tables, leave that for the chavs to do
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
you do realise that chewing gum is very good for your teeth

my teeth > your pet hates
Quote by spartan 118

Sorry, had to sig it cause I haven't sigged anything yet. And sorr, I also had to bold the word came.
Quote by Bowe
you do realise that chewing gum is very good for your teeth

my teeth > your pet hates

Im 17 and never had a filling, and still hate the stuff
Quote by FarewellMemory
Im 17 and never had a filling, and still hate the stuff

i'm 22 and never had one, and i'd like to keep it that way
I dislike mints and such.

I like chewing gum. I don't like people who put their chewing gum anywhere but the bin when they're done.

EDIT: ^^ and aye I'm 19 in a few months and never had anything longer than a few minute check-up at the dentists.

I wish I still got the stickers though
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Keyphur
Gum is awesome

Not true. I'm communist. I love gum.
Chewing gum is awesome unless someone puts it in your hair.
Born to lose, live to win.
I hate the stuff.

It should be banned until they come up with a way of making it biodegradable.

I'm seriously fed up of getting it stuck to my shoes when I walk down the street on hot days.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I remember hearing that students chewing gum during tests generally score better than those who don't... keeps blood flowing in your head I guess.

+1 to Wintergreen, so hard to find.
I prefer mints, you don't end up with a tasteless stiff blob in your mouth after 5 minutes, and even if you are incourteous enough to spit it out in the street it'll just dissolve in the rain rather than sitting there forevermore as a testament to the disgusting slovenly attitudes of people today.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
Breath mints don't work long enough. They only keep my mouth minty for a few minutes. Gum works for hours.

Now, I tend to chew with my mouth closed. And I also never spit t out onto the ground, I always use a trash can. People who stick gum under tables and the like are scummy.

Also, why the hell can't I find Wintergreen anymore? Pisses me off.

+ 1
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i hate chewing gum. for some reason i hate the minty flavor and ****, also the gum like gets into my cavaties =(

Possibly proof for gum not being good for your teeth? In my uneducated opion, it might seem that having sugar around your teeth for a long time isnt a good thing
Quote by FarewellMemory
Possibly proof for gum not being good for your teeth? In my uneducated opion, it might seem that having sugar around your teeth for a long time isnt a good thing

Sugarless gum = good for your teeth.

I like gum but I hate people that spit it out on the ground, find a garbage can if you don't want it anymore.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Page 1 of 2