well.. you see i own a Marshall Valvestate 102R (which has a valve in preamp)... in case that matters... well however.. whenever i plug a cable in it it starts to buzz a very strange way... like a metronome i recorded a sample and uploaded it in my profile... don't mind the constant buzz(it's the recording)... just the buzz mentioned above...
however you are about to hear samples of each position of the switch... it is quite interesting cause the bridge pickup buzzes big time (it's not the pu that buzzes... just using that pu produces buzz?)... but together with the middle pickup... there is no buzz at all... same thing happenes with the middle pu and neck pu... alone it buzzes... together with another one it doesn't

i remember noticing this buzz quite some time ago... however i thought it was the guitar (i used to own a stagg)... now i bought a fender USA strat (no.. it's not the guitar, cause i played this very same strat at the guy who sold it to me... however there was no metronome-like buzz...) but now i realize there is something wrong with the amplifier

there is another thing i would like to ask you about... at the end of the sample... i unplugged the cable from the guitar and touched the jack thingy with my fingers... it SINGS.. like a bird or something... it never happened to me before...

what could be causing my problem.... could it be the VALVE?!...

well the buzz sample is in my profile...
oh ok... here's the link http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Serjem/

** i did never change my valve... however it was a second hand thingy and the previous owner clamed that he had changed the valve

thanks in advice UG
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I didn't listen to your sample, but what you're mentioning is like the basic of singecoil pups..When you use them alone they buzz because of magnetism and such, and when you use them together they don't buzz because they cancel eachother out, that's why they made humbuckers, wich are 2 singlecoils together, hence the name humbucker.

Edit: Try moving your amp/guitar away from devices like computers, tv's etc.
ummm i remember my stagg buzzing the same way (using a humbucker)

EDIT: and yeha don't tell me the singlecoils are ment to buzz... cause they didn't buzz when i played my strat at the guy-who-sold-it-to-me's
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Last edited by Serjem at Aug 1, 2008,