So my current Gear is a Gibson Les Paul Silverbust Custom and a crate GTD65 amp.

Im getting $400.

Do I buy a new amp (it would be a valveking all tube) or should I buy this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Thunderbird-IV-All-Access-Bass-Pack?sku=515767

I dont like the sound out of my amp but its bearable. However, I love playing bass and dont have one. I would also like to own a full band set (drums, bass, bass amp, guitar, guitar amp, PA, and 2 or 3 mikes)

So What should I do?
don't get a bass pack. you need a bigger amp to play with a drummer.
Guitar & Bass
Bigger amp then my current one? or the bass amp?

I would upgrade both eventually (obviously would have to)
1) Do not get an epiphone. Especially a thunderbird. They are really horrible basses, especially considering the price. Look at Squire or Ibanez starter packs (seriously, Squire basses are really good for the price, unlike the guitar counterparts).

2)That bass amp will not be nearly enough to play with a drummer. 150W is the recommended minimum, unless you drummer is an absolute pussy. Bass needs far more power and headroom that guitar.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'd say get the bass. The more instruments you learn, the better for your own knowledge, and you'd eventually get a collection.
well, with $400 max. whats a good bass to buy and then buy a small amp with, and upgrade the amp later?
Try reading the bass forum FAQ. It has a list of starter basses and amps approved by the regulars.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1