OK heres the deal. I'm going to be getting a new guitar and i dont wanna go over the $800.00 price limit. I,ve been looking around and found this guitar. I saw a floating bridge, The 81/85 EMG pup combo, and a kickass body stlye. I play metal music about %97 of the time. Now a couple questions. How is the action on this guitar when i first get it because i would like it nice and low like my ESP M100FM LTD im currently playing. Another thing, do any of you guys have a picture of this guitar in Black forest? I heard it looks cool but never saw a nic pic of it. I will get this guitar in either black or the black forest. Now, the final question. How would you guys rate this guitar up against the ESP 400EX? I like both of those guitars but kinda leaning twards the Jackson because i have always had My Esp M100FM this whole time and wonder how other brands are.
Last edited by Yach at Aug 1, 2008,
I haven't played the WRMG but I have played the DKMG which is about the same quality and the same as far as hardware goes. The DKMG was a very nice guitar for the price so I would assume that an WRMG would be just as nice as well.
i was thinking about getting the wrmg but i got a jackson ke3 instead, much more versatile and you will get tired of the styling on the wrmg

plus for the same price u get transparents black and hardcase for ke3
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I did look at the Ke3, but the thing is, if i did get a guitar With that Explorer styling, i'd go with the ESP EX-400. And i really like the EMG 85 in the neck and the 81 in the bridge setup (Like zakk wylde uses). Thats pretty much the only thing that keeps me away from that EX-400. other than that, i'ts pretty good to me. I Just like that style of the WRMG, the floting bridge, and the pickups in it. My main concern is sound and feel, then style. I have never played either of the two. Oh yeah another thing, I have the diamond plate for ex 400 for my brother had one a long while ago but took the Diamond plate off for something and kept it. Oh yeah and the price of the ex-400 is looking good too ATM.
Do you want a Floyd Rose?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yes and no. I've always liked doing dive bombs and such with it, but i dont like the 5-10 minutes trying to get the guitar back in tune or taking 5-10 minutes to try to get the guitar into a differnet tuning. Dont even get me started on trying to change strings!
Well, i thought about it, and i think i will get the EX-400. The Metallica Brain Node in me just screamed out when i was looking at it on the site and thought about the diamond plate lol.

ChazBcWarlock:i was thinking about getting the wrmg but i got a jackson ke3 instead, much more versatile and you will get tired of the styling on the wrmg

plus for the same price u get transparents black and hardcase for ke3

I see where u are coming from now with that one. I'm starting to get sick of the style myself already.