les paul, explorer, V
fenders aren't really hard rock, but a strat would work
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
You could go for something like a Ginson explorer, or a Gibson Les Paul..
Just any guitar with humbuckers will do it!
Fender HSS strat or just about any Gibson solidbody should do it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
why limit your self to only Gibson or Fender?

try something like a Carvin, Ibanez, ESP etc...
Quote by Bowe

try something like a Carvin, Ibanez, ESP etc...

yea, personally, i love fender's and i use my strat for anything rly. blues, metal, the weird folkish style stuff that i come up with, whatever. but try out tons of other guitars.

btw, i use my single coils for hard rock, so dont limit urself to humbuckers either lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by SecretAgentS
I plan on making my main playing style hard rock. What would the best guitar be?

Flying V, firebird & explorer.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
i have a flying V and its great for that stuff
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Get an SG, it's so much cheaper for the Les Paul Standard equivalent.

In the UK, Gibson SGs can be bought for 815 pounds, and the Les Paul Standard is minimum 1,200 pounds.

You do the Math.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bowe

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any Gibson with a humbucker works really, Id say get an SG, Explorer, or if your willing to piss away that much money a Les Paul.
Gibson SG.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
any gibson or fender will work. It's whatever gives you the tone you're looking for. Personally, I love the sound of my tele with heavy overdrive, and I cover anything from Halen to G&R to Zepplin with it (i'm talking about the muddy waters obviously, the 72 has humbuckers but i'm honestly looking to get rid of it).
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Fender Floyd Rose Stratocaster

It's got a humbucker in it already (of which you would replace with a seymour duncan of your choice..)

and when you get it set up by a pro; you've got yourself a damn good guitar.
I don't even shred
I'd go for a nice stratocaster, single coil or not, you just need to dial in your tone and you'll have it, as long as your not playing stuff heavier than lamb of god and such.
Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul with some seriously angry pickups, or prehaps a Godin LG HMB, Or you could always outfit a Strat with EMGs...
Les Paul Standard

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
What's your buget? Also what amp do you have?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
a flying v or an explorer are my choices for the best guitars of all time.....and all i play is hard rock
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Quote by Nebjy
Fender Floyd Rose Stratocaster

It's got a humbucker in it already (of which you would replace with a seymour duncan of your choice..)

and when you get it set up by a pro; you've got yourself a damn good guitar.

Lol wut...

Look into Jackson aswel, maybe say.. A RR3, or DK2 or DKMG. Can't really go wrong
HI
American made strats work excellent for your taste, I'm not a fan of single coils at all though, very few single coil pickups I enjoy, try finding one with a nasty pickup range.

and

Quote by StratPat
Lol wut...

Look into Jackson aswel, maybe say.. A RR3, or DK2 or DKMG. Can't really go wrong

I would much rather suggest Jackson for heavy metal, over distorted music. Not only does it hit the sound spot right, but it has the original metal look to it, which doesn't matter much. I would pick Gibson or Fender over Jackson for hard rock any day, but the opposite for metal.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by StratPat
Lol wut...

Hey, Evh didn't need a recessed trem. >_O
I don't even shred
The gibson SG is ballsy like a Gibson, but hits fender high end better, and is lighter, not a log like a les paul, neck is thin and playable, looks are killer.
It's THE rock n' roll guitar.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
a 72 tele
or a custom one, think it may be a squier reissue 52? all i know is it has a mini humbucker in the bridge
anything really, mess around w/ the tone and distortion
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Can i ad to the mix.

Ive been making guitars for 20 years and i feel i have come up with the perfct guitar for metal..and metal only.

Body shapes and necks dont matter..i can make the model to any shape you want....i have made some guitars for some very big..actually huge bands....

my site is :

*link deleted* - X

Theres about 50 different pics of guitars i have made.....most are 1 off designs in some way.

I sell body and necks kits for $450.00 aus which is around $400 USA and i personally think they are the bst around.

The designs and methods i use as far as i know no one else really does...only guitar ive seen with my style of neck making is a custom made ESP Horizon worth some $5000 od.

Just have a look at my site and see what you think..im a muso my self and keep my prices down quite alot so anyone can afford something.

Eric
Quote by devries_guitars
Can i ad to the mix.

Ive been making guitars for 20 years and i feel i have come up with the perfct guitar for metal..and metal only.

Body shapes and necks dont matter..i can make the model to any shape you want....i have made some guitars for some very big..actually huge bands....

my site is :

www.myspace.com/devriescustomguitars

Theres about 50 different pics of guitars i have made.....most are 1 off designs in some way.

I sell body and necks kits for $450.00 aus which is around $400 USA and i personally think they are the bst around.

The designs and methods i use as far as i know no one else really does...only guitar ive seen with my style of neck making is a custom made ESP Horizon worth some $5000 od.

Just have a look at my site and see what you think..im a muso my self and keep my prices down quite alot so anyone can afford something.

Eric

You cant advertise here, reported
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12