Does anybody know how I can make the songs on my iPod sound better? The bass is always so quiet even with bass boost on and the vocals are always too loud in the mix and it just sucks with headphones in. With speakers its much better cause i can change the settings on my speakers, but that doesnt help on car rides...so anyway please help!
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
spend some money on better headphones

like +$50 on earbuds and you should be getting something good
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
Does anybody know how I can make the songs on my iPod sound better? The bass is always so quiet even with bass boost on and the vocals are always too loud in the mix and it just sucks with headphones in. With speakers its much better cause i can change the settings on my speakers, but that doesnt help on car rides...so anyway please help!

Get better headphones?

Grado RS-1 ftw.
Over-Ear Headphones usually sound better.
These are some of the best you can get for like twenty bucks, the sound quality is amazing if you don't mind the goofy look:
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1217608629&sr=1-22

The little ear things also pop off sometimes. They are tight when you get them but as they loosen they pop of really often and its kind of annoying. I love em though.
I have those headphones . But like I said I'm a bit of an audiophile so I want it to sound even better haha.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .

Get a pair of these Sony headphones. They lasted me 3 or 4 years now and they are just sick.

Not too much noise canceling though thats the only thing but they're under 40 bucks.

Edit: and you can plug them into your amp =D
You could get the new creative zen X Fi but I don't know if it's released where you live yet. Apparently it has some technology that brings back the lost detail in mp3s, thus, making them sound better.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Are you playing downloaded music? IMO music from a CD sounds waaaaay better than downloaded crap.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Are you playing downloaded music? IMO music from a CD sounds waaaaay better than downloaded crap.

and how do you think music comes onto the internet?
and do you think most people put it onto their ipods in lossless format when ripping it?
Quote by RHCPguitarist4
I have those headphones . But like I said I'm a bit of an audiophile so I want it to sound even better haha.

Who are you saying that to? I know it's not me...
Either rip your music with full quality or get better headphones.

Im assuming you still have those ****ty white headbuds.

UPGRADEEE
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by seljer
and how do you think music comes onto the internet?
and do you think most people put it onto their ipods in lossless format when ripping it?

When its been from computer to computer loads of times, it loses quality. Rip it from a CD and it loses a bit of quality yeah, but not as bad. My friends pretty much only download and the music on my Mp3/phone sounds better than what's on theirs.

I'd say its just my ears, but people agree with me so...
Quote by Tom_hatton

Just depends how it's encoded.

And to make it sound better, play with the EQ, but most importantly buy new headphones. Headphones are better than earphones, but usually less practical. Do not go for Skullcandy, try something a bit better like Sennheiser.
Ive never really cared about that stuff too much. I think I black out each time my mp3s have a cracking sound in them though. I didnt listen to Morrison Hotel for a long time because the song Peace Frog was all scratchy.
My mp3 has a graphic EQ. see if yours does, and mess around with it. I also recomend Skullcandy earbuds. They are the best sound quality IMO.

Edit: ^ the irony......
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by Tom_hatton

ever heard of flac?
Quote by Tom_hatton
No.

Free Lossless Audio Codec. Best quality you can possibly get. I think he's trying to say you can download in that format and it'll be better than ripping from a CD, but I agree with you that downloading music from some sources is bad quality.
Quote by filthandfury
Free Lossless Audio Codec. Best quality you can possibly get. I think he's trying to say you can download in that format and it'll be better than ripping from a CD, but I agree with you that downloading music from some sources is bad quality.

Ah, I see. Probably just my ears then. Maybe I like CD quality better cos its the moral thing to do
Quote by Tom_hatton
Ah, I see. Probably just my ears then. Maybe I like CD quality better cos its the moral thing to do

I just got a CD, and its in perfect condition, but the last track is completely ruined.
Make sure you're ripping it in the highest quality - iTune's defaults ripping from CD's to 128 kb/s but you can change it to "custom" and set it to 320 kb/s. Other than that you just need new headphones or make a custom setting with the equalizer to suit whatever you want.
NAAAAAAAAW!!!!!

I was like: "oH finally! an audiophile thread"

And then you discus FRIGGIN MP3 LAYERS!

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AUDIOPHELIA!

THIS: http://avforum.no/minhifi/show.php/HOLST Is audiophilia.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?