I was just wondering if anyone knows how to change your WPA password for your network. I assume I just log into my default router location. I'm trying to change it so I can get on the net with my iPod touch, but my dad doesn't want me to change unless I know what I'm doing (which I really don't) because he runs his business from our house and he HAS to have the internet. So is there anyway that I can screw this up??
Thanks

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
Quote by violent.j.11
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to change your WPA password for your network. I assume I just log into my default router location. I'm trying to change it so I can get on the net with my iPod touch, but my dad doesn't want me to change unless I know what I'm doing (which I really don't) because he runs his business from our house and he HAS to have the internet. So is there anyway that I can screw this up??
Thanks

Why would you want to change the password? I mean, are you actually using the WiFi at home? If so, is the iPod not accepting the password?

To change the password, do the following:
-Grab a computer connected to the router
-Go to My Network Places (Win XP)
-Click 'Network Connections'
-Right-click on your network connection
-Status
-Flip the tabs to show the addresses
-Note your 'Default Gateway' address
-Enter this in your web browser exactly as it is. It will be something like nnn.nnn.n.n where n is any number.

At this point you may be asked for your login and password. If you've changed them from the default, enter them. If not, i.e. it's a new router, try:
Login: admin
password: admin
(works on Linksys routers)

Then find the WiFi section of your router's setup page. There should be the option to change your WPA password around there.

Edit: However, do note that if you have computers connected wirelessly, you'll have to reconnect them with the new password. A minor inconvenience, but I thought I'd warn you.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by cash49
http://192.168.1.1

That has all the settings for your router.

Yes... 90% of the time. however that's not always the right IP. My method covers the possiblity that the router has been configured differently.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000