Well, my new pedal board arrived (I got a nice discount so I had to order it), and my unwieldy tangle of pedals is finally up off the carpet. I don't know if this thread has a point, I'm just excited and wanted to spammily share with my fellow UGers.

Right now I have a few pedals in front of my Traynor YBA200 bass amp, and the rest in the loop. Saddly, effects in the loop tend to overdrive my preamp a bit (which is not good sounding with a bass) and so I have had to reduce my preamp gain a fair bit to get a good clean sound, thus lowering my overall rig volume. I'm really thinking about biamping my effects into a smaller ss amp and only running clean/chorus into the traynor. (if anyone has another solution please let me know) But anyway, on to the board!

First, the overall board, I'll give a quick list of the included pedals from right to left:
Bootzilla wah/fuzz
BYOC envelope filter (purple top) Yes, this and all the other kit pedals have UV LEDs and UV responsive paint
General guitar gadgets EA tremolo (teal)
Boss dd6
Byoc slow gear clone (it turns a pure white under blacklight!)
Behringer reverb (only used to add sustain to the slow gear)
Rocktek tuner pedal...a really high quality pedal

A close up of almost everything including my shoddy power cable routing!

Here we have a fuzzy close up of everything that goes before my amp input: bootzilla wah/fuzz, the byoc envelope filter, and my GGG EA tremolo.
I had to put the tremolo before the amp because it creates unwanted and unpleasant overdrive when in the effects loop. Can't imagine why it would do it there but not up front.

Here is a close up of the other side of the board, everything that is in the loop (the byoc clone looks black from most angles, the camera just emphasized the gold sparkle)
I'm considering removing the tuner pedal altogether as it is very crappy, and I have a tuner out on the traynor that I can just plug my korg into.

Here are the poor pedals that didn't make the board. I mean that, most of them are poor (or for guitar) so I didn't use them:
Behringer, tremolo, distortion modeler, and guitar chorus
GGG green ringer clone--only works well on guitar
Rocktek phaser and flanger--they are rocktek therefor they don't go on my board.
And my ibanez lo-fi, which I absolutely love, but only use for vox.
There are a few other rejects hanging around, but it wasn't convenient to take a pic of them. I'm looking to get a nice flanger and phaser to actually use on my board.

I envy you [even though it's bass stuff]. I envy everyone's pedalboard!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Thanks, most of the modulation stuff works well for either bass or guitar. Just the wah, chorus, and evelope filter are bass specific (I did a bass mod to the envelope filter). The bootsy fuzz sound great with guitar, I think the slowgear sounds alot better with bass, especially fretless.
nice, could you put a link to where you ordered from?
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
How is it even possible that effects in the loop overdrive your preamp, since the preamp is BEFORE the loop? :P If anything they overdrive the power amp, which means your effects loop is meant for lower signal units. Not much you can do but turn the volumes down I'm affraid.
Quote by Pott
How is it even possible that effects in the loop overdrive your preamp, since the preamp is BEFORE the loop? :P If anything they overdrive the power amp, which means your effects loop is meant for lower signal units. Not much you can do but turn the volumes down I'm affraid.

Well the effects loop can be pre-eq, and so affect the overall signal load there, or am I wrong? Pretty sure cranking my eq can push the amp more.

But yeah, I don't understand why the hell I get this nasty noise, especially when it's set post eq. I wish someone could tell me what's going on.

Turning down the pre fixes it, cranking or turning down the power doesn't do anything to the cleanliness of the sound.
Very cool man. That is almost exactly like the pedal board/case I just made. The main difference is mine has a shelf instead of removable trays.