I made a topic earlier looking for a nice combo amp, but I think I might as well splurge & get my first cabinet. Pretty much, it's a Ashdown head + Ashdown cab ftw. And it may a little excessive power-wise for me right now, but it'll definitely last a good LONG while. And I plan on putting in casters, 'cause that beast could get pretty heavy.

Ashdown MAG 600H Bass Amp Head

Ashdown ABM 410T 4X10" Bass Speaker Cabinet with Tweeter

Sound good? From my understanding, hooking the 4 ohm (min) head into the 8 ohm cabinet should be perfectly fine, right?

Also, there are two outputs for the head, and two inputs for the cab. Would hooking up two speakers cables from the amp to the cab be "bridging"? 'cause i'm just checking if it's safe or not. Thanks for the help!
I'll tell you something about you saying it's probably too much. I have a rule and it's (excluding some obvious overkills, but for practical purposes)

"Mejor que sobre a que falte"

That translates something like... "Better to have too much than too little." Just food for thought.
Quote by watchingmefall
I'll tell you something about you saying it's probably too much. I have a rule and it's (excluding some obvious overkills, but for practical purposes)

"Mejor que sobre a que falte"

That translates something like... "Better to have too much than too little." Just food for thought.

Thanks! That's kinda what I meant by 'lasting me a while' - it's got enough power to spare when I eventually DO need it.

Any input on 'bridging'? I've looked up a bunch of websites, but many are so counter-intuititive. So is simply hooking up two cables 'bridging' in my case?
I'm not sure about bridging... I can tell you that the two outputs in the back can be used simultaneously with two 8-ohm cabinets, or one output to a 4-ohm cabinet.

And yes, using just one output to an 8-ohm cabinet is just fine, although it won't put out 600w, more like 300w or so.

I have the same amp and its a great value. Have fun!