I only started playing the electric, and really kept at it, was probably sometime back in probably June. I got my first electric and amp from my mother on christmas, just a ebay'd Squier and a 10 watt Marshall 10 CD. I'd like to have a more powerful amp, possibly with a few effects thrown in it. I was looking at the Line 6 Spider 3 15. 15 watt, 4 amp models, 6 effects (2 simultaneous), 4 user programmable channels, CD/MP3 jack, Headphone/Direct Out, 8" speaker. I'm not in a band, so my amp doesn't need to be loud, unless I'm alone in the house and decide to crank it up a tad bit. And I don't do live solos.

What's your opinion on me buying this amp for usage?
Horrible horrible amps, they're just ugh, don't bother. Look at roland cubes if you like the whole effect thing
+1 ^ cube

I personally had one of the bigger versions
as a beginner you wont be able to tell too much of a difference in tone and later on you will realize your mistake, waste of money :/
Quote by l3p4rd
Horrible horrible amps, they're just ugh, don't bother. Look at roland cubes if you like the whole effect thing

I mostly prefer delay, but when it comes to clean channel, you don't get a lot of sustain so chorus.
Quote by Vantage
Or Vox AD15VT.

Main reason as to why I was looking at Line 6 is because they had cheap amps, and seeing as how I don't play live or in a band, I don't need an expensive amp.
Quoted from the other thread..

Quote by Martin Scott
If anything, you need a quieter amp. It just has to be good quality. I hereby recommend the Roland Micro Cube. It's 2W, and completely blows the tits off your current amp. Here is a good video demonstration (CLICK), which gives you a good idea what it sounds like. I have one. Trust me, the guy hasn't even got it turned up half way. Perfect for the house.

And yeah, LAWL at trying to bold the thread title!
Quote by Lucas Bundy MAN
Anybody that doesn't gig needs roland cube.

I disagree. I think every guitarist needs one. Just because you gig, doesn't mean there aren't times when you want to play guitar at home, and your 100W valve head is just ridiculous in that situation.