Ok after i purchase my valveking i'm going to be going for a new guitar......... but i'm stumped.

Budget is $500 MAX.

I'm really only looking at the RG350DX and the Schecter C-1 FR.

Which one should I get and why?

My dilemma is that I like the feel of the RG much better, lighter, wizard neck and all, but i know the schecter has a better lfr and pickups. So my question is, is the schecter's advantages enough to buy it over the better-feeling ibanez?

If it makes a difference, i'm probably going to just block off the trem most of the time regardless of which one i get.
well, if you can save up a bit more money, you can replace that Edge III with an Original Floyd Rose.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you like the neck of the RG try the S320. It has the ZR trem which is very solid and it's within your budget.

Also this is offtopic but, why are people putting sorry in their titles now when asking about guitars? Thats pretty much what this section of UG is for, no need to apologize. If you have a dumb question that has been asked a million times I understand, but this sort of thing is fine...
Yeah, I think you should go with the Ibanez since it feels better, as you can always replace the pickups, etc at a later stage.
btw can I ask how is the valveking? I'm planning on getting either that or a peavey bandit sometime soon.
Quote by T!AN

Also this is offtopic but, why are people putting sorry in their titles now when asking about guitars? Thats pretty much what this section of UG is for, no need to apologize. If you have a dumb question that has been asked a million times I understand, but this sort of thing is fine...

Sorry for putting sorry haha.

I don't know about other people but i put sorry because i'm used to my paintball forums where people are absolutely sick of "what gun to get" threads. So i just apologized in case anyone is getting sick of "which guitar" threads.

Back on topic.

If i had to pick the C1 FR or RG350dx......... feel or function? Ibanez feels much better to me but the schecter has better pickups and such.........
If you really like the sound from the Schecter guitar, go ahead and get it. I'm sure you'll get used to the neck after playing it constantly.
I absolutely hate Schecter necks, although the guitars are great. I'm personally a huge Ibanez fan, so you know my suggestion.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by T!AN
If you like the neck of the RG try the S320. It has the ZR trem which is very solid and it's within your budget.

agreed on both points.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Epiphone FX SG.
REAL original floyd rose.
Not that **** ibanex uses.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
If your going to block off the trem why not save a few bucks and go with a Hellraiser with a tone-pros? And I would say try them both out a bit more, if the Ibanez feels perfect then go for it, otherwise I'd say get the Schecter. I've got one, excellent guitar.
Quote by Iansmitchell
Epiphone FX SG.
REAL original floyd rose.
Not that **** Edge III ibanez uses.

I don't think there is an FX SG, and fixed. There's only FX futura and EM-2.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.