I am trying a lot to learn sweep picking but I dont want to have bad habits with sweep picking. How do I use a metronome with sweep picking?
How do I make the sweep sound clean with distortion?
Thanks
You would use the metronome like you would for anything else. At first only do 1 note per click then go from there. Also, make sure when you are doing it, your picking hand is one smooth motion, not stopping and plucking strings. Also, release the note just before hitting the next one to avoid the notes bleeding together. I have a nice 4 string exercise for sweeping I used when I first started, but I don't know how to use the tab codes.
This video should help you out alot.

The most important thing to remember when practicing sweep picking is to take your time and make sure you are doing it right (as said above, use a metroneome). If you rush and try to play faster than your hands and pick let you, you will only develop bad habits and start to play sloppy instead of nice and fluent. Sweep picking is an advanced technique and takes alot of practice. Be patience and correct practice will bring you the joy of being able to sweep pick
3 string sweeps, do them slow. Play with GP or PT.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.