im a bass player but lately ive been playing alot of electric guitar
now im wondering if the way im playing is incorrect
is it wrong to lay the right side of your wrist on the bridge?
i do it so i can switch between clean and palm muting

i obv dont have that problem with the bass since i just use fingers and have the thumb to rest on the pickup
anyone help?
would be thankful
thanks
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
it works, but you're going to get the tone from playing closer to the bridge obviously. I anchor my middle/ring finger on the pickguard below the strings so that I get what I consider a better tone. There isn't anything wrong with it, just another way of doing things. If you want a different tone than what your technique produces, do it differently. If you realize anything wrong with the way you're playing, figure out what it is and adapt to it.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
i dont think so, i rest my hand on the pickup ring of my les paul to do the same thing so i dont see why there would be anything wrong with that
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
it'd be easier if i could see what you're doing, but it sounds about right as long as you don't have a floating trem, like a floyd rose.
that's the way i was taught to do it.
its all about personal taste. if your comfortable with how it feels and you dont feel like its holding you back than stick with it.
The Conservative youth of America!
I used to, but somehow moved to rest my had on the bridge. IDK how, but I noticed one day that I do. Nothing wrong with anchoring, but it may hurt speed in the future.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by SiegeCrew
theres no correct and incorrect way, imo.

+1
Do what feels the best.
Quote by Skynyrd890
I used to, but somehow moved to rest my had on the bridge. IDK how, but I noticed one day that I do. Nothing wrong with anchoring, but it may hurt speed in the future.

I dunno, if you watch the video of that Brazilian guy playing Flight of the Bumblebee at 320 bpm, his middle finger is anchored.

EDIT: wait, nevermind... not talking about finger anchoring..
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live