Ok I'm going back to college this fall and now I am going to bring my guitar but not my amp. I am looking for some small amp like the Roland Cube, but then I found about the pocket amp and the amplug. I was very impressed with the amplug, really good sound IMHO. I am now leaning toward the amplug. I really do not want 300 tones and people say that the pod sound a bit digital? The amplug is analog and kinda cool since I do not want to but my neighbors in my dorm. If I go with the amplug can I somehow connect the out line to some kind of speakers just in case I do want to turn it up? Are there other manufactures that make something similar?
There are headphone amps.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Cube FTW.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by cad2blender
Are there other manufactures that make something similar?

The AmPlugs are awesome for the price. I haven't tried it myself, but I know for a fact that you can connect the headphone out jack to a set of powered computer speakers. That would work in a pinch.
Quote by rhettro
The AmPlugs are awesome for the price. I haven't tried it myself, but I know for a fact that you can connect the headphone out jack to a set of powered computer speakers. That would work in a pinch.

you want to be careful about that... plugging a guitar into a set of speakers that aren't designed for it can easily wreck them... computer speakers for example
yea i'm really short on cash and my budget is 50 bucks hey what about the orange micro crush? Any experiences with it?
I'd say a Zoom G2, I love mine and usually play it on headphones. But that'll probably break your budget a bit. On the other hand, I don't know where you're gonna get even a micro cube for $50 either...
On the other hand, I don't know where you're gonna get even a micro cube for $50 either...

That's why I think the amplug is the way to go
Amplug is fine (I have one, although I almost never use it) - but consider that a multi effect like the zoom will give you access to an enormous combination of amp simulations and effects, and that you will probably have use for later on as well. How bout a cheaper zoom then - like the G1? It's $49.95 on amazon (haven't used that model myself though so I can't vouch for it). It has a headphone connector, a drum machine and tuner as well...
Quote by ~Funky monk~
you want to be careful about that... plugging a guitar into a set of speakers that aren't designed for it can easily wreck them... computer speakers for example

Ah but you miss the point. The AmPlug is a headphone amp and only has a headphone out jack. You connect the headphone out to the line-in port of a set of computer speakers and your set. Granted a Roland Microcube would be a better option.
Quote by rhettro
Ah but you miss the point. The AmPlug is a headphone amp and only has a headphone out jack. You connect the headphone out to the line-in port of a set of computer speakers and your set. Granted a Roland Microcube would be a better option.

ahhhh i see fair enough