I have a grand old time when I play with my wah pedal, but lately I've found it doesn't work like it used to...

From what my ears tell me, when I roll my heel back to what would normally be the "off" position" the pedal is still on, and it makes my clean, and distorted tone sound like bassy, trebleles garbage unless I keep rocking my foot to get the higher end treble effects, and basically keep playing with the pedal. If you can imagine how annoying it is to play with a wag pedal "on" but not in use you'll understand my frustration.

From what I can tell the effect no longer turns off when I roll it back to where "off" used to be; and I can no longer feel the subtle off button when I try to shut it off and play something without the pedal. I used to have to roll my foot back really hard to shut the effect off, but it just won't shut off anymore, and it's getting to the point where I just won't use it anymore because I know I can't shut it off when I want to...

Is this a common problem, and is there a way to fix it at home?
LOL omg your using the pedal wrong, when you roll the heel back thats not the off position =_= when you push it forward all the way, then stomp on it it shuts off...theres your problem. like that guy said, im just commenting cause i have nothing better to do but spend 5 min in here.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Maybe I'm totally mistaken here, but it seemed to stop when I rolled my back really hard. Perhaps I should try it the other way around and see what benefits i get.
hm...

when you rock it back its supposed to cut the treble and boost the lower midrange, and when you have it forward its supposed to boost the treble.

To turn it off you just have to stomp it really hard on the toe end (all the way forward), no really, I used to have to use my heel and kick it forward to get it to shut off.
is it possible that u used to play with the wah turned around? i used to do that on purpose because i liked the different control scheme (for lack of a better phrase) when using it that way. sounded less generic.
anyways, its possible that that's your problem.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
is it possible that u used to play with the wah turned around? i used to do that on purpose because i liked the different control scheme (for lack of a better phrase) when using it that way. sounded less generic.
anyways, its possible that that's your problem.

How did simply placing it the other way round make it sound different?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
well when i got my wah it wasn't close enough to the switch so it wouldn't turn off
i took it to a shop and the guy must of messed with the switch to make it work
that might be it?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The easiest way to fix this is to take some regular sand paper and sand down the little rubber feet on the underside of the toe of the rocking part of the pedal. If you look at the toe side, you'll see the top of the switch, and two little rubber feet. Sand the feet down so the rocker hits the switch more easily.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by DrivenMind
Maybe I'm totally mistaken here, but it seemed to stop when I rolled my back really hard. Perhaps I should try it the other way around and see what benefits i get.

is there a switch at teh toe position under the board?
if so, thats the on and bypass switch normally put there on crybaby pedals.

however if you had a broken POT rolling back could have cut the wah out of the signal somehow...
Quote by schecter ftw
I think Kirk Hammett has the same problem.

nice man nice
i do agree though, especially on justice and black for sure
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by schecter ftw
I think Kirk Hammett has the same problem.

Come on now... his wah isn't on ALL of the time lol.

I think Phil Campbell's wah is on more than Kirk's

To TS: The button is under the toe like a million people have already pointed out!