Well I have been working on my SG last couple of days, and well it's getting paint tomorrow (If weather permits) and I made it into a 3 humbucker guitar, here is some pictures, and I got more just need to get the off the camera, I'll keep you guys updated as I go

There is it with the knobs and pots hanging lose, and still has string and humbuckers hooked up

there it is stripped down (Well got to take the stop piece off) and I am getting ready to sand it.

Here is where I did the lines so I could take my router and cut out the space for the middle humbucker.

Okay this is where I get the project name big bucker, I am wiring the two humbuckers together like one big humbucker. Notice I am getting 30.2 ohm... DO you think it's hot enough? I sure as hell do XD

Well thats what I got done this morning, maybe later this evenign I will upload the other pictures of where I got the hole made out and carved, and some other stuff.

But yeah this is my first big project, so wish me luck. Thanks guys. Oh and the paint is a secret, XD you'll laugh when you see it, but it's all custom mixed paint.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
That's a cool idea, put sound samples on here when your done, I wanna hear that.
Will do, I even made up a little ditty just for UG, when I get it done, it may be a video actually. O rit might just be a sound clip, but I'll let you guys hear her scream.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")

There it is with three holes for 3 humbuckers

Yep another pick of three holes

Making sure they fit in there nicely

this time with less glare

I am painting it a custom purple paint, called Pullins Passionate Purple (Pullins is my last name, and if you like the color, well you'll be paying for it XD cause I barely remember how to make it)

More purple..... yeah I like purple... GET OVER IT XD

There it is where I am letting it drie for the night, I added blue to where it's carved, I think it's a added touch.

Tomorrow I am going to paint it with this custom pink I made (Dark pink) and to make you laugh, this pink is made with Metallic Copper, Metallic Silver, Pearl Red, Metallic White, and some candy red. It's going to be kick ass once I am done. I like it as it is, but I think the pink will pop.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Nice, unique idea. I love the purple paint...I was going to paint my guitar purple (the one I'm building), but I wasn't sure I'd be able to get the color I was imagining, and I didn't want to risk it. Looks sweet
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Thanks guys, the purple well I own a little '78 Porsche 924 which I painted Porsche Violet Blue (Metallic Purple) and well I made this to replicate that porsche color, and I think the blue does it justice. I am foint to tape off the carved part to keep some blue, and outline it with that dark pink I was talking about.

But you guys are very nice people, compared to other forums where people are so mean and hateful, and like they only know what has been repeated to them, you guys all know diffrent things, and help me help myself to learn, and I love to help when I can. I would almost be willing to sale pain exclusivley for people on UG, but IDK if mom would like that or not XD But hey if you live near ohio, and want some custom paint (So you can paint your own guitar) I can hook you up. But you guys and gals on this forum, and the best people i have ever met, and make me proud to show of what I am doing, other boards, people would complain what I did wrong. IDK, just not use to kindness. But thanks guys, and I will keep you guys updated as I go, only problem is IDK if it will rain tomorrow or not, so yeah, may be a day or two later. But thanks guys, and glad you like.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Dude you just did what i have wanted to do since i learned about pickups and output. I love you.
How did you wire them together, and are you gonna put a coil split to make them separate buckers again?
Last edited by cfhwarhead at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by LesPaulCowboy
Thanks guys, the purple well I own a little '78 Porsche 924 which I painted Porsche Violet Blue (Metallic Purple) and well I made this to replicate that porsche color, and I think the blue does it justice. I am foint to tape off the carved part to keep some blue, and outline it with that dark pink I was talking about.

But you guys are very nice people, compared to other forums where people are so mean and hateful, and like they only know what has been repeated to them, you guys all know diffrent things, and help me help myself to learn, and I love to help when I can. I would almost be willing to sale pain exclusivley for people on UG, but IDK if mom would like that or not XD But hey if you live near ohio, and want some custom paint (So you can paint your own guitar) I can hook you up. But you guys and gals on this forum, and the best people i have ever met, and make me proud to show of what I am doing, other boards, people would complain what I did wrong. IDK, just not use to kindness. But thanks guys, and I will keep you guys updated as I go, only problem is IDK if it will rain tomorrow or not, so yeah, may be a day or two later. But thanks guys, and glad you like.

Wow, I dunno if I've ever heard UG described like that before.

...just dont go to the pit then
Well no, but I am going to sometime when I got the money (ANd after I make my Les Paul have Jimmy Page wiring) I am going to put push pull pots so I can split the neck and very bottom bridge, and by doing that, I figure, when I have the bridge humbucekrs on and the bottom one split, I will have a strat XD and I hate strats (Unless they got humbuckers) But no I thought about doing that and I may, but I got it wired like on big humbucker and later on I plan on splitting the bottom bridge. (Can't do the middle one cause it's stock epiphone hot something or other....) Anyway, here is how things turned out.

Completed paint waiting for it to dry

Got bored so I did a design... guess what it is (Hint very perverted)

Those are all pics of were I prewired the humbuckers up (WHile waiting for my paint and clear coat to dry) and as you see I am making 30.8 ohms. I also used shrink wrap, to make sure no wires or solder got crossed.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")

Also while waiting for paint and clear to dry I modified my pick guard.

There the humbuckers all bolted down adn wires ran, as youc ant ell paint and clear are dry, and well you know what comes next, everyone favorite part of the job.....

WIRING! WHo doesn't like to solder and wire *Sarcasm* okay so it's not that bad, and it's super easy, just not the funnest part of this project.

There she is in all her glory, strung up and tuned, I had even plugged her in yet, I wanted to mae her scream, she was a vastile virign, I was worried, but I finally plugged her.

Well she screamed and hollared and moaned, and sound great doing so. I am going to record this evening and put it up on here, so I hope you guys will like it. I know you guys will. I love it, it's fun to play, I still love my Les Paul more, but this SG will alwyas have a special place in my heart...... And if anyone ever asks abotu buying it, it's going for 700 dollars, not a penny less XD

But thanks guys, especially SYK, who helped me figure out the wiring. You guys have been a big help in the past, and I want to keep up with you guys. My next project (If I get the money I am spouse to get like int he next couple of days) I am going to snatch me a pair of MF's limited edition Seymour Duncan humbuckers for my Les Paul, and wire it up with a jimmy page wiring. After that, I want to mess with some push pull pots of my SG, I know I will spilt the two outter humbuckers, and I may go in and rewire it so I can split the two bridge humbuckers from each other. and then that leaves one pot not messed with.... that means I may add in a eric clapton board (FOund actuall ones for 119) so yeah thats the only maybe in that project. But thanks guys for looking and reading, I have been thinking about making some guides on hwo to do these diffrent things. XD I also find it funny, for being 17, I did pretty well, I mean most boys in rock bands around here have there parents who make alot of money buy them guitars, well I bought the strat (100 dollars) modified it multi switch (25) and then traded the strat off for this sg (125 strat for 400 SG) then I put 50 dollars in the two after market pickups, and no money was put in on this project, and I am so happy XD I want to make this thing be full of useful push pull pots and switches. But thanks guys, appreciate the help you guys give me.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Epiiccccc

Edit: You're only 17? You look like you're at least 20, haha
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

XD yeah I have people swear I am older than I am, I get it from my dads side of the family. Yeah man, thanks, it was fun, can't wait to mes with my LP.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Okay problem dudes, I have been having problems with my bridge not being as loud as my neck (My neck is ceramic rails, so I know that may be why it's real hot) but I use to only have to keep the neck volume at 5, well now with 2 humbuckers made into on, I need to keep it at 2, so they sound match. Whats my problem, I mean my bridge is twice that of my neck. So what up with that? And I was wondering, could I use the rails I got in my neck as a bridge pickup? (I mean it's rated 14.7 ohms). So I figure I could. ANyway all help is appreciated
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
sweet build man,
could you specify a bit how you wired it, i didn't quite understand?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I wired the two humbuckers together to make one big humbucker...... Like IDK how to explain it better. And thanks man
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Hmm, how about a big-bucker with two warpigs.. That would be some massive tone.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Thank you for the idea, I may do that some time, and I fixed my problem, so yeah XD
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Okay I got a sound clip up on my profile. I hope you all like.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")