sorry if this is a stupid question, but I noticed all the former members of SOAD have really foreign-sounding names. Aren't they from california?
Armenian descent.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
They are all of Lebanese-Armenian decent, they reside in California but most are from out of the country, two of them being from Beirut, Lebanon.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
They're all Armenian, and John was the only one born in the US.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
i know theyre from america, but is it just a coincidence that they all happen to have foreign last names? I dont know much about foreign names, but they seem middle-easternish to me. I'm just wondering why for any big fans
Quote by CoheednRHCP
They are all of Lebanese-Armenian decent, they reside in California but most are from out of the country, two of them being from Beirut, Lebanon.

Correct, John and Serj are from Lebanon, not sure about Daron and Shavo.

Edit - Corrected, I guess John wasn't from Lebanon.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by luuuuuuukee
i know theyre from america, but is it just a coincidence that they all happen to have foreign last names? I dont know much about foreign names, but they seem middle-easternish to me. I'm just wondering why for any big fans

I'm Armenian, and I can clear up a couple things.

First, it's not really middle-eastern, or at least not the culture. Armenia was the first nation to officially adopt Christianity, so don't think of them as Muslim. There are a lot of variations in the kinds of Armenians you see though. For example, I'm white like a mother ****er. People actually assume I'm British upon first meet. And there are also darker skinned ones.

That said, I don't like the band at all.
Armenian? I thought they were from Iran...

Where is this place anyways? [sorry, i suk in Geography]
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by shadesofanger
Correct, John and Serj are from Lebanon, not sure about Daron and Shavo.

Edit - Corrected, I guess John wasn't from Lebanon.

No you are correct, John and Serj are both from Beirut. I'm pretty sure Daron or Shavo was born in California but I'm not sure wich one.

And also Beirut isn't actually in Armenia. It's in Lebanon which is an extremely small country between Syria and Isreal.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
Quote by CoheednRHCP
No you are correct, John and Serj are both from Beirut. I'm pretty sure Daron or Shavo was born in California but I'm not sure wich one.

And also Beirut isn't actually in Armenia. It's in Lebanon which is an extremely small country between Syria and Isreal.

I thought it was John that was born in California. If it's not him, then it's Daron, not Shavo.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by SOADrox429
I thought it was John that was born in California. If it's not him, then it's Daron, not Shavo.

Ya, I just checked, Daron was born in Los Angeles.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
Quote by CoheednRHCP
Ya, I just checked, Daron was born in Los Angeles.

Yes. Serj and John were born in Beirut, Shavo was born in Yerevan, and Daron was born in Los Angeles.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by SOADrox429
Yes. Serj and John were born in Beirut, Shavo was born in Yerevan, and Daron was born in Los Angeles.

That's it.