Hi all,

Me and my mates are planning to do a small gig later this month. However, none of us are drummers. I thought the drum machine built into my GNX3000 would cover us, but I later found out it only plays preset rhythms and I cannot download new tracks.

We're basically going to cover songs, so I managed to find MIDI versions of the songs with good drum tracks, which I've butchered out and run into my GNX via my computer. This method works, but I hardly want to have a laptop sitting onstage with me.

What I want, really, is a device that can send MIDI data directly into the processor. Is there such a thing? Can I possibly download the tracks into my keyboard (Yamaha PSR-E303 if it makes any difference) and somehow use it to drive the GNX via MIDI? (I'm going to use the GNX's XLR-outs to run it straight into a PA amp). Or would I be better off just buying a cheap drum machine and using that?

If I'm better buying a machine, would something like the Alesis SR-16 do? I need something that will accept a MIDI track downloaded straight into it.

Any other ideas?
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
play acoustic?
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
Not to diss drummers or anything (I have great respect for drummers, in fact anyone who plays an instrument well), but we don't need one. None of my mates play drums and this gig is in France, hence the dilemma. Also, acoustic's not an option as I intend to play keyboard for a song where the drum track is key (anyone know Ultravox's Vienna?). Any other suggestions?

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Aw, come on! Are you telling me that, with all the gear I have, that having drums without a drummer is impossible? Is there no way to use the technology I have to this end?

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
You could just put the drum tracks on an ipod and play it through the house PA...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.