an overdrive pedal that has zero fuzz whatsoever even the gain is all the way up. my uncle had a modded ts9 that when u turned up the gain it just got crunchier(no fuzz). and i can't afford a mod. any suggestions?
called a big muff or metal muff
go metal muff
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Quote by enemy120
called a big muff or metal muff
go metal muff

Those are distortion, not Overdrive

Go for a Ibanez TS-808
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
he wants zero fuzz
edit: sorry my bad
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
I think you're slightly mixed up on the meaning of fuzz. Re-read it. It took me a sec too. But all distortion is Fuzzy, Overdrive is crisp.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
the Zakk Wylde Overdrive is pretty good. it can act as a clean boost, or, turn up the gain for some more dirt. another good one is the BOSS Dyna Drive. it reacts to your playing, like a good tube amp. a couple other suggestions would be the Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive or the BBE Green Screamer Overdrive.

i would not reccomend pedals like the Big Muff or other assorted products from EHX. they are great for wacked out distortion, put from your description, you look like you're looking for something mor subtle. they do have some tube driven Overdrive pedals, but they are pretty expensive, and if you don't have money for Mods...

also stay away from Distortion pedals. some people use distortion and Overdrive han in hand, but the distortion is different. so avoid pedals like the boss DS-1, MXR Distortion+, Pro Co Rat, Dunlop Fuzz Face or Krank Distortus Maximus.

My final suggestion would be to try a bunch of them out to see what you like. i heard great things about the Big Muff Pi, but when i tried it, i did not like the tone. if i had just followed what others had said, i would have dropped money on an effect i hated.
well i really want a boost for my amp, but i don't want it to get too fuzzy.. and my amp(50 classic) really has no 'non-fuzz' setting on the dirty channel