Hi!

'August Of Wind' is a piece I wrote and recorded today. Please feel free to have a listen on my profile. I hope you enjoy it!

Comments are welcome.

Peace!
Dear God. This was fantastic. This should have been on the UG blues Album.

Well, I'll just break this down a bit.

I'll be honest, the intro was a bit slow for me, there were some decent little licks in there... but this was fairly standard and unforgivingly unoriginal until you hit the shuffle. Once you got there though, you took standard blues licks and added your own personal signature to them, and then used the shift from a slow shuffle to fast shuffle to really carry the piece into a realm that had me tapping toes and damn near seat dancing. This was fantastic when it finally hit its stride. I've relistened a few times now... its good, damn good. I love the way you close it down too... it was just a class act.

return comments?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=923741
really nicely done...great tone and tempo and i liked how you bumped it up near the end...although 2nd guitar fell behind slightly at times (not a complaint - just need something to crit)...got a little static in some overdub parts - especially at around 1:50...regardless, it was a great listen

nice job

cheers, d

www.myspace.com/thesearchpartymusic
i thought the guitar had a bit too much reverb. the soloing was nice. you have some really good licks. i like the oppositely panned leads. i think that with a full band (must have horns) you could be a blues great. do you sing? anyways, good stuff. recording quality could improve, but it's nothing major.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920938
Too cool for a signature.
Cheers. I'm not a big fan of my intro, it's a bit generic and pedestrian and the outro sounds rushed to me but on the whole I'm happy. It was cobbled together within an hour yesterday and is all (apart from one or two fills) improvised. Although audacity hasn't quite captured the tone I was aiming for it seems to work.

It's been entered for the UG Blues and Jazz second album. It'll probably be up for the vote in the near future.

Peace.
Audacity isn't too bad once you get to grips. It's free! As for singing, it's an area I'd love to work on. I reckon I can but it'll take practice and I don't want to subject the rest of the house to horrendous noise! I've got a 320Kbps version which picks the atmosphere up better than the 128Kbps version here on my profile. Which guitar did you think had too much reverb? The backing or soloing?

Cheers all!
Quote by strawforest007
Audacity isn't too bad once you get to grips. It's free! As for singing, it's an area I'd love to work on. I reckon I can but it'll take practice and I don't want to subject the rest of the house to horrendous noise! I've got a 320Kbps version which picks the atmosphere up better than the 128Kbps version here on my profile. Which guitar did you think had too much reverb? The backing or soloing?

Cheers all!

yeah, i've gotten quite good with audacity, but i find the quality annoying. anyways, i thought the intro lead guitar had too much verb. so....soloing i guess?
Too cool for a signature.
Hey, sounded really good. The intro was a bit.....bland, for lack of a better word. It wasn't bad but as people pointed out it was a bit generic. Once it started going though, it sounded great. You had some nice licks, tone sounded good, and the rhythm was simple but effective. Good work!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=925953
hi everybody

Hookers do not like to snuggle
- Zach Galifinakis