I'm in the market for a guitar that has a good alternative/punk/pop punk/"emo" sound. Some bands which I'm comparing the sound to is Paramore, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Angels & Airwaves, etc. I'm trying to stay under the range of 2000$, but I can go over it if I have to.
well with that kind of cash you have a lot of really good choices. Do you have an amp already and if so what kind cuz a $2000 guitar will sound like crap coming out of a cheap amp.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
My current equipment is an acoustic/electric alvarez, a squier strat with no mods, and a fender 15G amp. As for price, 2000 is like the max max. i'd like to stay under 1000, but i can give it some room if spending the extra 1000 is really worth it.

As for brands, not really. The final deciding factor will be what I think of the guitar when I play it, of course, but I just wanted to get a general idea.
Last edited by Raxef at Aug 1, 2008,
Tom delonge signature ES-333.
That should do it.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Oh, and get a new amp.
For a 1000 bucks, you can get a nice tube amp.
Epiphone blues custom 30 is very nice.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
I'll agree with the others that have said you should also get a new amp. Just split your budget 50/50 and you'll end up with both an amazing amp and guitar.

I recommend just going to a guitar shop and trying everything in sight. There are plenty of amazing options in the $1000 range, all of which aren't necessarily better than the other, just different. Just keep different guitars until you find one like. I think you'll have a harder time finding a dud in that price range than something truly amazing.

Once you try out some guitars we can be more helpful, because you'll have a basic idea of what you're after and then we can help you find something that meets all your criteria.