Al Cisneros
Stuart Zender
Victor Wooten
Dirk Lance
Billy Sheehan
Flea
Les Claypool
Tim Commerford

Do not forget to hit up the first part of this poll to vote for the other bassists!
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15568876#post15568876

Steve Harris
Geddy Lee
Ryan Martinie
Cliff Burton
Chris Wolstenholme
Stu Hamm
John Myung
Justin Chancellor
Carlos Dengler
Last edited by TormentedRx at Aug 1, 2008,
poor poll B... A is the more popular letter

I picked Flea as the most influential. I hope none of the elitist bassists on this forum flame me.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Pete Wentz

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Jonnomainman
Pete Wentz

Agreed.

Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at Aug 1, 2008,
His PR said that he pulled himself out of the competition to give some of the less talented ones out the a chance.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
No I heard he had to get another tattoo and so was otherwise engaged.

And whats the deal with the red dye on the 12th fret of his bass?
Quote by anarkee

Looks like Squier put the inlay in the wrong place and he had to colour it in with a crayon.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by anarkee

That is "Where to Pick."
Quote by ScottB.
Looks like Squier put the inlay in the wrong place and he had to colour it in with a crayon.

And that's why so many people get their sig done by Squier!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by anarkee

The red dye is there because he never goes higher than the 12th fret.
Quote by ThatGuy177

Yeah, it could also be "NEVER CROSS THIS LINE WHILE PLAYING"
Whenever it looks like he is playing higher, he's just muting the strings

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by ThatGuy177

No, it's anything past the 11th fret he can't go, just look at all the blood from when he accidentally slid into the 12th.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Just curious - why is Sheehan on this list and not Jaco? I see Sheehan as a recording artist in 1973, and Jaco in 1976.

And man, this is going to turn into such a fanboy fest that it isn't fair.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Just curious - why is Sheehan on this list and not Jaco? I see Sheehan as a recording artist in 1973, and Jaco in 1976.

And man, this is going to turn into such a fanboy fest that it isn't fair.

Now you must admit...Sheehan is still playing...Jaco unfortunately is a little impaired in that department, however so is Cliff Burton and he made the list so one must wonder...
yes Cliff should not be here...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Im curious as to why Geddy Lee isn't on the list - wasn't the latest rush album released in the top 5 latest released albums by all of those artists?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
he was on the 1st one... lol.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by thunderbritches
Now you must admit...Sheehan is still playing...Jaco unfortunately is a little impaired in that department, however so is Cliff Burton and he made the list so one must wonder...

Alright - what are non-modern bass players? Just the ones from 1951-1969?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Alright - what are non-modern bass players? Just the ones from 1951-1969?

Looks like it, otherwise Entwistle and McCartney as well as some others would be on there. I'm just glad that Claypool is winning at the moment.

The red stuff on Pete's bass is for a richer and more colourful tone to his legendary basslines.
Quote by Sylvanus
I'm just glad that Claypool is winning at the moment.

But wait....Les plays drums not bass!!!

Wehey, I'm the first person to vote for Zender, does everyone hate him now he's using a Les Paul bass or something?

EDIT: Oh and +1 to KoL guy, can't wait for their new album - he better still have THAT tone.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Enough Of @#$%!& Pete Wentz!

It Makes Me Vomit!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by anarkee
But wait....Les plays drums not bass!!!

Because EVERYONE that plays bass is only good at/ can only play THAT instrument.

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by thunderbritches

And JPJ's still playing. As is Ron Carter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Im curious as to why anyone in their right mind would want to put pete wents on there? He cant play worth **** compared to ANYONE on that list. He doesnt even deserve to be mentioned. and for my vote... i guess i cant really decide since almost all of them are in completely different genres and have completely different styles. and i also agree with Sylvanus, were missing two great players.
do you know the brand elimination thread?

i think this would be better done like that not in a poll version because everyones complaining about the bassist in the poll

thats just my opinion whoever wants to make the thread can take the credit

EDIT: we need a nobody on the list

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidSinRocks

david sins got my vote
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
we need a nobody on the list

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidSinRocks

david sins got my vote

ahah i went and watched this and man that guy sure does have a nice bass face. i would just like to see him play something more impressive (which i believe he can do) if he plans to rank against these guys. No offense to him, i just want to see something HE made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u37N5kPJEu0

here you go my good man

make sure you watch it all before you criticize him
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
ooo... i actually liked that alot ahah. exactly what i wanted. that did somewhat impress me.

and sorry if that sounded like criticism, it wasnt meant to be, but, you have to admit, to go up against les and them you have to have some real talent.

but i loved what he did form about 1:20 - 1:45, that was pretty sweet i must say.
yeah that part was awsome

and when i meant criticism i meant about the solo not what you just said

now all we need is the bassist elimination thread
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
oh i see. sorry man i wasnt sure what you meant aha.

but i cant stop watchin this guy now haha the fact that he knows all these songs is incredible. im just curious to weather he figured them out himself or was taught or found tabs or what?

yeah man seriously, and i do think they need to split the genre's up cuz otherwise its going to just be all about favorites.
Page 1 of 2