Ok so I finally got all the rest of my parts in today! I have already wired the pickguard, and drilled the holes in the neck / installed the tuners. So, all I need to do is drill the holes for the Tremolo, and then I can get to testing it.

So far when I've tested my pickups there is some buzz / static when there is sound. What i'm doing is strumming on my other guitar and holding it up to these pickups. There is no buzz or anything when there is no sound, only when i hold the guitar up to the pickups. I soldered the ground to the trem claw, and honestly it didn't make like any difference. The buzz / static is exactly the same as when it was not soldered.

So how can I go about testing and eliminating this buzz / static? After I install the bridge can i string it up with like 1 or two strings? and test that to see if it's still buzzing? Then can i just detune the strings loosen and take off the neck and then remove the pickguard to mess with the electronics if need be? (I have to remove the neck to remove the pickguard because the pickguard fits underneath the last little bit of the neck.

Also, here's a pic of where I'm at...

Again my questions are:
1. Buzz / Static and how to get rid of it?
2. What the best way to test everything without stringing all strings, and adjusting trem and all that jazz?
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
Well it works for sure, like i said i strummed my other guitar andheld the strings really close to the pickups of the guitar i'm buildling. Just when i did that there was some static, and i'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the static / buzz?

Also, i laughed really hard when i held my phone up to the pickups and it started blasting my ringtone through my amp I don't know why but i found that really amusing.
Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
You'll get a better idea of how it works when you string up that guitar and test it. Try that out and see if it buzzes.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Yeah, I will. But also, is there a better way to line up the trem other than this (picture below) I'm just taking some fishing line, and lining it up from the center of the saddle through the nut to get the left and right position of the trem (I have to drill the holes). And the obviously the forward backward position just need to perfectly match the scale length.

One more thing having to do with the scale length. I can get a hair inside of 1/16th of an inch off of the scale length. That is 1/16 of an inch off of it being the same distance from nut to 12th fret as 12th fret to saddles. I will be able to make up for by adjusting the saddle position right?

Part-o-Caster
Ibanez Destroyer
Ibanez 321MH
Last edited by vizun at Aug 1, 2008,