Real quick question for you guys.

I got another computer cause my old one died and i'm trying to get Halo PC back on it. I didn't have the disc anymore so I thought I could just torrent it and use the product key that I still have.

Well it all worked fine, used daemon tools to run the Halo file and it opened fine, made my character, clicked online then it has to do that 1 time update.

After it did that it won't let me play it anymore, it says

(title) Cannot locate the Halo CD-ROM

please insert the correct Halo CD-ROM, select OK to restart application

So is it just that Iso file thats not good enough? Last time I copied an iso file from the halo cd I had and used it the same way with daemon tools and it worked fine.

Any advice pit? Thanks.
maybe you just need the cd?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
download ARES and download the game, thats what i do, most games work sometimes you get
"CD key invaild" oh and you have to download blood gluch to use that game but either then that it works fine
everytime you switch on the pc you have to remount the file to Daemon Tools.

EDIT: thats what i have to do with NFL Head Coach anyway, as i bought it, and the cd smashed, so i torrented it finally got it this morning, and have to remount it everytime i turn on the pc again.
Do you have Windows Vista? A lot of software is not compatible with Vista. I would research it.
You need the NoCD crack. PM me with your email address for version 1.04

Edit:
Quote by Javie18
Do you have Windows Vista? A lot of software is not compatible with Vista. I would research it.

I'm playing this game in Vista.
You need a crack. Get it from Megagames or gamecopyworld.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I do remount it everytime, when I mount the halo iso it runs the game and I hit play, but then it gave me the msg I put in my first post.

You guys think the NoCD crack would work? I've usually had luck with iso with daemon tools.

*edit*

I have XP
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Aug 1, 2008,
When you update to version 1.07, it won't let you play with a ripped iso, you need the noCD crack to get it to work - it's what i'm using.
Quote by acersucks
When you update to version 1.07, it won't let you play with a ripped iso, you need the noCD crack to get it to work - it's what i'm using.

May I ask where you got yours from? Gotta be careful as some torrents have spyware and other harmful crap like that.

*edit*

Quote by JMTrio134
I didn't know there were so many HPC players on the Pit?

Anyone fancy making a UG Clan?

hell yah I'd join.
With the noCD crack, can you only play with other people with the no cd crack online? Because that's how it is with Custom Edition. I never tried it on Combat Evolved.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
May I ask where you got yours from? Gotta be careful as some torrents have spyware and other harmful crap like that.

Do I look like an idiot?
It's from Demonoid, iso and crack.

And if we are making a clan, i'm not bad with snipers.

Edit:
Quote by Guitar Guy21
With the noCD crack, can you only play with other people with the no cd crack online? Because that's how it is with Custom Edition. I never tried it on Combat Evolved.

I'm pretty sure it's all servers as long as they're using the same client version.
Last edited by acersucks at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Guitar Guy21

On PCs having a no CD crack literally just makes it so the game won't check to make sure if the CD is in the drive before it lets you play, it won't affect the game itself in any way. I crack all the games I own just so I won't have to change discs every time I want to play a new game.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Quote by JMTrio134
I didn't know there were so many HPC players on the Pit?

Anyone fancy making a UG Clan?

I could do it. Great game.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by x/taluha
my user name on HALO PC
is Sunni someone should make a UG game

Snipers no shields?
Quote by acersucks
Snipers no shields?

no shields shot guns? hahaha

might as well just make a team slayer, and put a bunch of different weapons in there
human made , i dont know about you but i hate covey weapons
Sure thing, I've done shotguns no shields before, its alright. You're in Ontario too - then our pings should be perfect - what map? - I'll name the game Ultimate-Guitar or something.
Quote by acersucks
I have a few extra accounts and invites if you need Guitarfreak777.

That would kickass if you don't mind.
Quote by acersucks
Sure thing, I've done shotguns no shields before, its alright. You're in Ontario too - then our pings should be perfect - what map? - I'll name the game Ultimate-Guitar or something.

mhmhm im from Sault ste marie!

not blood gulch, uhm idk anything like
longest
hang em high

idk whatever you want
hang em high is ok - and guitarfreak, can I pm the account later? i've got no more invites but I have a list of accounts and passwords - don't worry, they're all mine!

Oh ya, the room is Ultimate-Guitar, will be up in a bit, just configuring the games, 300+ ping = ban, and don't be a noob!

edit: I'm using version 1.04, so if you get an error about server using a different client version, get a diff. crack - don't forget to back up your old one
Last edited by acersucks at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by acersucks
hang em high is ok - and guitarfreak, can I pm the account later? i've got no more invites but I have a list of accounts and passwords - don't worry, they're all mine!

Oh ya, the room is Ultimate-Guitar, will be up in a bit, just configuring the games, 300+ ping = ban, and don't be a noob!

Yeah, but i'd like to join you guys in a game though

Anytime today if fine, the sooner the better though, I wanna play me some halo!
Quote by acersucks

edit: I'm using version 1.04, so if you get an error about server using a different client version, get a diff. crack - don't forget to back up your old one

i havent really played halo in 2 years, i just started playing again about 5 days ago maybe
so

i pradon myself that i will suck at it

i used to be soo good at it.