I found a 1975 gibson les paul sunburst paintjob with a obviously non-factory installed kahler trem, its got dings scratches bucket rash, nothing huge for its age its not bad, and its got two seymour ducans installed in it

So its a very altered, but old les paul, how much you think it should cost, its got no tag, ill have to talk to the guy so i wanna know how much in ball park so he doesnt dismiss my offer automatically
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
my guess is probably like 1800 to 2000 because it has been modified, so the it isnt truly vintage, the salesperson might say it is, but you can use it as leverage
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
ouch. but i will try and use that modified thing making it not truely vintage to my advantage, maybe he will buckel
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
^ I honestly don't think it's anywhere near those prices. Admittedly my knowledge of LP's is pretty limited, but from the research I've done recently I would expect the price to be somewhere around $1500 if not lower.

That Kahler and the non-stock pickups throw any argument about the guitar being vintage out the window. From your description the guitar sounds like it has no collectible value and the price should reflect that it's meant to be played.

Also watch out because I've heard of some mid-70's LPs being crazy heavy and really muddy sounding.
Alright, so after going through some complete listings on eBay, I change my estimate to between $1400 and $1600.

Not a whole lot is selling so it's hard to get a solid number, but customs in good condition seem to be going for between $2000 and $2600. I'm not sure if you can see this but a 1976 custom went out for 1900 with original case

Considering how heavily modified the one you're looking at has been, it shouldn't be hard to get the price pretty low.

EDIT: I'm not sure how trustworthy of a barometer eBay is, but he vintage market really seems to be crawling at the moment. I guess that shouldn't be all that surprising.
id say around 2000. My guitar teacher has one, it rules.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
u think i could grab it for like 600 or no way?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
^ Unless you're really, really good at haggling and the seller is feeling really, really nice...

No ****ing way...
hahaha ur probably right, ill kick sum ass and we will see ill keep you guys updated

EDIT: kiss sum ass;but hell kick if it comes down to it
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Last edited by IbanezxXx at Aug 1, 2008,
Pics would probable help but the lowest you'll get from the sound of it is prbly $1100-1200