Depends. The Wal Mart and Target ones are complete crap but I know that some big time artists use their high end models.
First Act is like any brand, they have good and bad guitars.

To everyone saying they suck: Why not try one that's NOT from Wal-Mart? If you buy a Fender from Wal-Mart, it's going to be a piece of **** too. Does that make Fender a bad company?
Dickless.
i had one... fender strat copy... one lil' humbucker, one tone, one volume knob... s**tiest thing I've ever held... it sucked... but its all on preference...
go for a squier strat
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Quote by fiend89
Depends. The Wal Mart and Target ones are complete crap but I know that some big time artists use their high end models.

Including, but not limited to, Mastodon, Guns n Roses, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, the Cure, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, High on Fire, Every Time I Die, Paul McCartney, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster...

To me, that's astounding. I somehow missed Mastodon using them all these years. I just assumed they were Gibsons because I'm dumb.
still...**** a first act if I can afford any guitar? How bout a 4000 Gibson or PRS?
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by kennyvspenny
still...**** a first act if I can afford any guitar? How bout a 4000 Gibson or PRS?

as someone said, they are evidentially just that good if such big name ppl are playing with them.

..........either that or they bribe well
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I think there okay, I mean the higher end guitars have gotten good reviews and even the mid range guitars can be modded to play great and sound it too. But there wall-mart line is not the best choice. The whole VW edition was awesome tho I would buy that guitar with no doubt.
dude, wtf i just posted on the other one, why do you have 2 threads about the same thing. Delete this one, the other one has better answers.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Custom shop First Act is sexy. Go to MA.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
thank god i picked up an ibanez. i think the first acts sound like crap (wal-mart brands), its a wonder i hardly go over there for anything music wise. i still own the first act that i have, and it still sucks
GEAR
Peavey 5150 (block lettered)
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Ibanez RG7620 w/ EMG 707s
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
are you kidding me?
with my first act guitar and my marshall mg half stack i can get CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!
Quote by metulkult
are you kidding me?
with my first act guitar and my marshall mg half stack i can get CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!

Me too!! Those single coil brootal Wal*Mart pickups gave me the best Nirvana/Waking the Cadaver tone.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by shredforbread33
Me too!! Those single coil brootal Wal*Mart pickups gave me the best Nirvana/Waking the Cadaver tone.

OH SNAP!! I think someone is making a statement!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Like any brand, the low-end ones are gonna be awful, but the more you pay, the better it should be. Alot of big artists use Custom Shop models, like the above mentioned and Lyn-Z from Mindless Self Indulgence. But as a beginner guitar, in the $200 and under market, they seem to be horrid.
I wouldnt get one of the ones sold at wal mart, they are terrible. But like people have said before me, they have some nice guitars, but the really cheap ones are crap.
Quote by bored_maniac33
OH SNAP!! I think someone is making a statement!

thats right. i can get the best (worst) grunge sound and i sound exactly like nirvana, but minus the talent.
oh....wait.
Their custom shop stuff is great. They also make high-end production models based on their custom shop stuff. The stuff you can get at Wal-Mart is awful, though.
Quote by metulkult
thats right. i can get the best (worst) grunge sound and i sound exactly like nirvana, but minus the talent.
oh....wait.

Jesus Christ you are ignorant.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Jesus Christ you are ignorant.

DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE BUDDY LIKE THAT
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by MetalMilitia212
First Act is like any brand, they have good and bad guitars.

To everyone saying they suck: Why not try one that's NOT from Wal-Mart? If you buy a Fender from Wal-Mart, it's going to be a piece of **** too. Does that make Fender a bad company?

See, andy here knows what he's talking about. There's a reason that whenever he's at my house, he plays my pink and black first act instead of my SG or Tele.

But like people have said, some are good and some aren't. With a good setup, the wal*mart ones really aren't all that bad either.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by metulkult
oh....wait.

lolololz

for those who dont think this is funny. i appreciate what nirvana has added to the music industry. they did do a lot. for example, i love the foo fighters (their newer stuff anyways ) however, grunge tone isnt exactly amazing, and it certainly isnt what i would call a complex genre.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
well, im having some thoughts about this, since my mom got me the first act me475 crap guitar for about $160.00, i could sell it for about a little lower, and cash in on either a BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal, or if i have more than expected, i can get either a ZOOM GX1 (not too sure) FX processor with expression pedal, or a BOSS ML-2 Metal Core pedal
GEAR
Peavey 5150 (block lettered)
Mesa Boogie Traditional 4x12
Ibanez RG7620 w/ EMG 707s
Ibanez RG7321
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I heard that they are pretty good for smashing on stage.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.