Ok, so I've got a gig in a few days so I'm putting new strings on my guitar and I have never bothered to clean the fretboad (It's pretty damn dirty) and was wanting to try it. Its a Les Paul Ultra, Maple Fretboard.

Is the anything I can use to clean it up a bit that would just be lieing aroud the house? (I don't have any of that lemon cleanin' stuff at the moment)

Thanks
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Don't use lemon oil on a maple fretboard!!! Only bad and terrible things will come to be if you do.

I'm actually not aware of what you can use to clean maple fretboards, or if you are even supposed to.
Little bit wet cloth would be good, also I heard that alcohol is not bad. But I dont know how does it work with a maple fretboards. I have a rosewood one and sometimes I use a toothbrush to clean it
Fender Stan. Stratocaster HSS 60th Anniversary
Squier Deluxe V-String Jazz Bass (active p-ups)
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

.: Music Heals :.
first you should take all the strings off by winding them down one by one and then snipping them. if the board is really dirty and grimy you should wipe it with a dry cloth first to get any loose dirt off.

i have heard bad things about lemon oil. there are other ways to clean the board. i just started using GHS Fast Fret, which you can use for the strings as well. so far it has worked really well. i also heard that the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes are really good.

maybe you could get your local guitar shop to clean it or you could ask them for advice.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
What about furniture care products like "Lemon Pledge"? Aerosol furniture polishes contain waxes, petroleum distillates, emulsifiers (detergents), and lots and lots of water. A very light spray on maple to clean it is fine, but aerosol polishes should not be used on unvarnished fretbaords. We do not want to apply products containing water to the natural finish of a guitar neck and fretboard.

http://www.muzique.com/schem/fret.htm
Thanks guys, but I'll stick to using just a dry cloth for now, it was just something I wanted to try. Just want to make sure I do no damage to it before I try anything else.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Thanks guys, but I'll stick to using just a dry cloth for now, it was just something I wanted to try. Just want to make sure I do no damage to it before I try anything else.

if you research it well enough and use a bit of common sense, you should have no trouble.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Your les paul ultra has a maple fretboard?

EDIT: Is it the guitar in your profile picture? cos that's rosewood....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Your les paul ultra has a maple fretboard?

EDIT: Is it the guitar in your profile picture? cos that's rosewood....

+1

I think the TS is mistaken...
I use an old soft bristle toothbrush and guitar polish on the fretboard, and it cleans it really well. You can really get into the edges of the frets...

Then just whipe it clean with a cotton cloth..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator