Im looking at Getting the Livewire™ Dave Mustaine Model LW-Must

which comes in a set witch is nice or the

Blackouts AHB-1

Or

Dimebucker™ SH-13

Or maybe a EMG
EMG-ZW Set looks nice
or
EMG-KFK Set though I think its about the same as the ZW with a few slight changes...

Running through a roland Cube 60w
Style if you have not guessed by the choose in pickups is metal and rock.
If anyone has used any of these or know of a better set up help would be great planning on ordering them in the next up coming week.
Last edited by Darkice at Aug 1, 2008,
Because you're running through a solid state amp, active pickups won't sound great. Not only that, but they won't make a massive difference in your sound. If you want to change it drastically, then I suggest saving for a new amp, though, yours is perfectly adequate for practicing.
Actives are pointless with your amp and even passives wont make much of a change on a SS amp. Although the dimebucker will make your tone worse lol

Stick with what you go if you are just using it for practice purposes. And on that note you can always step up to a tube amp but your looking at more cash then a set of pickups...
well I really think My pickups are broken the neck one falls out if I flip it over like and makes so strange sounds every now and than if you push on them they cut out...
Quote by Darkice
well I really think My pickups are broken the neck one falls out if I flip it over like and makes so strange sounds every now and than if you push on them they cut out...

Well why didnt you say that in the first place lol

Just get ahold of some cheap passives. GFS or some used stockers you can always fidn them on ebay.. I keep stockers around just for that reason. Alot of times ill get a guitar with thrashed pickups so ill throw in some stockers from an upgrade i had laying around. Old Ibanez pickups are decent and cheap, you can find old emg HZ's for pretty cheap as well..