So, I'm a hardcore firefox user, but I recently started using opera occasionally, just to try things out. I would like to switch to opera for a number of reasons, I like the fullscreen, and it uses far less resources. Anyway, If anyone has any reasons for me to switch/not switch, please inform. I'm aware opera doesn't have as many addons etc, but I don't use many on firefox, just foxytunes, rss stuff, couple of other things.

Also, is there anyway to set multiple tab home pages on opera like on firefox? I tried putting a | inbetween each address like in firefox but it failed.
I'm considering trying it out. In safe mode it take like 5 seconds to start up Firefox, but in normal mode with no cookies and like 2 addons its taking close to a minute to start!
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by CLVPX
So, I'm a hardcore firefox user, but I recently started using opera occasionally, just to try things out. I would like to switch to opera for a number of reasons, I like the fullscreen, and it uses far less resources. Anyway, If anyone has any reasons for me to switch/not switch, please inform. I'm aware opera doesn't have as many addons etc, but I don't use many on firefox, just foxytunes, rss stuff, couple of other things.

Also, is there anyway to set multiple tab home pages on opera like on firefox? I tried putting a | inbetween each address like in firefox but it failed.

Opera is awesome, just plain awesome

Yes you can have multiple home page tab but i dont remember how... use speed dial for the moment

But when I close opera and go back on it all the webpages I left when I closed it are back. It's not really home pages but anyway, way to save you from an accidently closed webpage.
I switched to Opera, mainly because Youtube will only work on Opera, and not IE or Mozilla on my PC.

Then I discovered Opera > Firefox, haven't gone back since.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Zangetsu 101
I'm considering trying it out. In safe mode it take like 5 seconds to start up Firefox, but in normal mode with no cookies and like 2 addons its taking close to a minute to start!

1. How slow is your computer?
2. Are you using a really outdated version of Firefox?
3. Are these two add-ons about a gigabyte in size?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Maxthon 2 > all
except its not
i just like ti the best.
split screen surfing!
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by kevC4
Opera is awesome, just plain awesome

Yes you can have multiple home page tab but i dont remember how... use speed dial for the moment

But when I close opera and go back on it all the webpages I left when I closed it are back. It's not really home pages but anyway, way to save you from an accidently closed webpage.

I just read your sig, I thank you, Sir
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Another thing I like is the fact you can get torrents downloading within the browser, without needing another program.
im useing Opera, no way in hell i would ever move to firefox
Firefox goes fullscreen, just hit F11

Firefox is a faster brouser as well. Opera is slower than IE
I just changed about 2 hours ago, never looking back, I don't care about the add-ons. The one thing I will miss is Chatzilla, but I can live with it
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
^Yea, it had them b4 firefox.

I prefer Opera, but i can't download it, because my parents are paranoid about me downloading stuff of the web (not pr0n, mind you)
I don't use any features that make Firefox and Opera too different from each other so I just go with speed, Firefox 3 FTW.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I prefer FireFox.
Although, sometimes on my PC FireFox doesn't work, so I have to use Opera.

FF > Opera > IE

IMO.
Quote by lotsofvolume
FF > Opera > IE

IMO.

Agreed, I can't stand IE it's way too slow and annoying.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Firefox.

I used to be a Opera user, telling everyone I know to use. But eventually you will get fed up with Opera. Some sites just won't work with it because they're designed for IE and Firefox. Sometimes if your doing something in Flash, it will just freeze for a few seconds, then go back to normal(which gets really annoying). Opera's torenttening program is total balls, and sometimes it will just go slow as **** on websites.

It's download manager is nice though.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Quote by markodeano1

Yeah, but it keeps toolbars. Opera looks amazing
Quote by TakeTheKTrain
Firefox.

I used to be a Opera user, telling everyone I know to use. But eventually you will get fed up with Opera. Some sites just won't work with it because they're designed for IE and Firefox. Sometimes if your doing something in Flash, it will just freeze for a few seconds, then go back to normal(which gets really annoying). Opera's torenttening program is total balls, and sometimes it will just go slow as **** on websites.

It's download manager is nice though.

Never happent to me. Nothing of these things happent to me

And someone said opera's slower than ie....

Freaking false. Oh god freaking false.

I only had problems with 1 website and it's mapleglobal.com [YES I USED TO PLAY MAPEL [YES MAPEL] STORY... but for a week] and it doesn't even work with firefox or netscape and etc, only ie.
Well the Flash problem comes from Speed Dial. Every time the items in Speed Dial refresh, the whole browser kinda freezes up a little.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Quote by markodeano1

Thanks for the F11 trick, cool