with this will i be able to record acoustic drum kit if not let me know what i can get for less than £300

thanks
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II
behringer ultra flanger uf100

vist this site it my band aimless hypocrisy
(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
£300 comes to about $600 USD

In short, no it won't...it only has two inputs.

For drums its best to use an 8 input interface such as the Firewire connected PreSonus FP10 which sells for $400 USD these days.

also keep budget in mind when getting mics, stands, and cables.

also look though this for micing techniques.
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=48&sid=f0515988ff8ede25e2714f1ba3708378
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 1, 2008,
dos the PreSonus FP10 record guitar as well with no other usb devises or firewire
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II

(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
The FP10 does it all, MIDI, Audio, Instrument DIs.
8 preamped inputs and phantom power for condenser mics...good for the overheads on drums.

Firewire connection on this unit means it will not mix the inputs down to a stereo track which is nice when recording anything, epically drums.
Its best to mic a guitar cab and run the mic to this interface however you can directly run your guitar to the interface and use an amp and effect modeling software such as amplitube.
what if i got a electric drum kit would i just be able to plug the headphone slot into a input on eather ux2 or FP10
my gear

ibanez rg370dx
epiphone special II

(here) Aimless Hypocrisy
With E-drums you could go with a smaller interface and even run MIDI between the interface and drums triggering something like EZDrummer but you cant do MIDI with a toneport (no jacks on that interface for it). This does get great sound with an e-kit but it drives the cost up a little more.

E-kits are a little higher in price and the ones that are worth recording IMO are the roland v-drums which are much higher than some acoustic sets out there.

If you have an E-kit, go with a smaller interface and if you want, run the audio from the module directly to the interface however I tend to stay away from the toneports as they dont have the best sound IMO.
I would tend to go with an EMU 0404 or Mackie Onyx Satellite for the smaller interfaces. If you plan on using a lot of inputs either now or later down the road, go with a larger interface from the start, it will save you money
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 1, 2008,