Is there a picture somewhere? I would like to see how it works, and if it is legitimate, because its incredible if it was
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Yes the ancient Greeks were far more advanced than most would beleive , they actually had invented machines that used steam power, although the Roman's destroyed them.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
the ancient civilisations were just as smart as we are...they just didn't have modern tools like today's computers or even calculus (though they were close on that one)

and with an immaculate sky and enough observations its no wonder the figured things like that out, even without Newton's laws
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have a book by Arthur C Clarke (Mysterious World) talking about this and other stuff like the Baghdad Battery. Interesting stuff.

Mysterious World, you say? That does sound quite interesting, is it one I could just pick up at a local bookstore?

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
*image*

Wow. Really is amazing that can predict eclipses and do complex math, all invented 2500 years ago. Kinda blows one's mind
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
Quote by seljer
the ancient civilisations were just as smart as we are...they just didn't have modern tools like today's computers or even calculus (though they were close on that one)

and with an immaculate sky and enough observations its no wonder the figured things like that out, even without Newton's laws

Very true. I can remember experts saying the Greeks couldn't have built such a device because their tools were supposedly not designed for such intricate work. Then an archaeolgist built a smaller version of the device with ancient types of tool to prove them wrong.
Quote by RATM forever
Mysterious World, you say? That does sound quite interesting, is it one I could just pick up at a local bookstore?

I don't remember not having the book. It's been around a while. I'm sure you can find it as an e-book somewhere. Has loads of stuff ranging from the Yeti, to the possibility of100 foot Anacondas, to the Nazca Lines and lots of stuff inbetween.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I don't remember not having the book. It's been around a while. I'm sure you can find it as an e-book somewhere. Has loads of stuff ranging from the Yeti, to the possibility of100 foot Anacondas, to the Nazca Lines and lots of stuff inbetween.

Cool, looks like ill have something new to read when i cant get to sleep during these damn hot summer nights.

D= It's odd to think their tiny minds could come up with something as good as what we, modern people can.

Laying on the sarcasm a bit thick there. That is cool, considering we have all sorts of things they didn't.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.