Page 1 of 2
I bought Band of Brothers last week and I've just finished this epic of a mini-series. Previously, I had watched certain parts of it and I was always interested to see how everything turned out - fortunately, pretty good. I really enjoyed this mini-series documentation on the real-life Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, United States Army 101st Airborne Division.
I was even more surprised to see that Major Dick Winters, played by actor Damian Lewis is actually British - just really struck me because he just played an American really well. He just sounds so different with a British accent but I was a little less surprised than when I found out that Christian Bale was actually Welsh.

If anyone wants to watch it all - quite short at just 10 episodes - just Youtube it. There's this guy called EasyCo101airborn who's uploaded every single episode. Here's part 1 and you can follow it on from there.

Anyway - discuss. I really enjoyed this series. From the series, my favourite solider has probably got to be Bill Guarnere.
I hear they're (Tom Hanks and Spielberg) making a new one called The Pacific documenting another Company across Korea, Vietnam and the South Pacific.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Aug 1, 2008,
I only saw one episode during school...

...However, it was good, I should watch more of it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
i saw some of it, personally, it was too short.

it seemed rushed, they could have doubled it to 20 episodes, and done two-parters
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
i got it a long time ago, it sortof rocks the house, i liked the 2 or 3 episodes that were in the ardennes
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
bob is awesome.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
Only 10 episodes? I thought it was a much longer series then that. I've yet to see them all, (I only watch them when they are on the History Channel) but they are very, very good. Some parts are pretty sad. I really love them.
I love Band of Brothers.

I bought it for my Mum because she loved the series for christmas a couple of years ago and we spent a week watching it over christmas holidays.

One of the most engrossing things I've ever watched. Amazing series.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Oh wow - great reception all round then. I do agree with thedudemeister though - it could have been well over 10 episodes and I don't think it would have lost it's appeal anyway. So - what is everyone else waiting for? Watch it and come back to discuss: it's all there.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I got them all on Video (Yeah, video...Because DVD was bloody expensive 5 years ago )

Some of the most heartfelt, touching, yet adrenaline-pumping entertainment ever created.

Brill. I recommend EVERYONE to watch it, weither war films are your thing or not.
An amazing series, I watched it once, read the book, and watched it again. It really brings history (albeit recent) to life so well.
...Bleep Bloop...
I remember watching that a looooooooooooong time ago. It came out on HBO around 2000 right?
LARGE TEXT
Favourite Episode: "Why We Fight" When Easy finds the Concentration Camp and the German civilians in the local town were completely oblivious that there was a camp just down the road from where they lived.

Such a sad episode...
Oh, btw - The actor that played Doc Eugene Row was also British.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

was great show. i got it on dvd too
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Harmonius
Oh, btw - The actor that played Doc Eugene Row was also British.

The guy from Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels and Hotel Babylon was also in it....British
Quote by Moggan13
The guy from Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels and Hotel Babylon was also in it....British

I've seen neither so I don't recall. It's just really strange that British actors can do American accents so well that I actually assumed they were American to begin with. I mean, I know Americans can hardly do better at being British but there are very few British guys that can pull American accents really well. By my count, Colin Farrell and Christian Bale are two of them (Hugh Laurie, um, not so much).
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Awesome series, and I couldn't believe Damian Lewis was Bitish either.

As for favourite characters, I'd have to say Guarnere or George Luz. And that Speirs guy was great too.

And if it's true they're doing another series I can't wait.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Yeah I have the DVD set as well. Love it
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Moggan13

Oh that guy. I thought you'd got Lock Stock confused with Snatch for a minute - because Stephen Graham is in a couple of episodes too.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
It says on Wiki that he played John Martin. I recognise him though.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

When you think about it though, it was probably for the best that there were only 10 episodes, because if it had gone on to long it would losee its epicness and rareness if you know what I mean. If they would have dragged it out like all other shows these days it woulden't be so special. That's why mini-series are the best series.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Last edited by Wigert at Aug 1, 2008,
I got the show on DVD, 'tis amazing
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Vince Noir
Awesome series, and I couldn't believe Damian Lewis was Bitish either.

As for favourite characters, I'd have to say Guarnere or George Luz. And that Speirs guy was great too.

And if it's true they're doing another series I can't wait.

Yeah, the really are making another one, about the war in the pacific. Speilberg and Hanks are both involved w/ it also, I can't wait either.
I watched it on BBC when it came out. i remember liking it, I lieked the ginger dude. I dont' remembe bale
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Nice to find more fans of BoB, it is easily one of the best depictions of the Second World War, Harmonious, if you look through the cast, many more than Damien Lewis are British, that may be because it was filmed in Gloucestershire.

If you liked BoB, the same people are following it up with a miniseries called The Pacific, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/ which tells the stories of a group of Marines fighting the Japanese.

I'm hoping that there will be a British version made soon, charting British Paratroopers through the war, there's been a serious lack in British war films recently.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I have the series on DVD, and although I enjoyed the first few episodes, I never finished them (they coincided with my GCSE's).

So, maybe I'll give them another try; it certainly sounds worth it!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
My brother has it, I watched it and liked it
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I liked the guy who played Buck Compton. I think he did an excellent job. My favorite of all of the episodes has to be 'Crossroads'.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

fantastic series, i love it
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
It's AMAZING.
However, I heard that the second one is going to be about the war in the pacific. Against the Japanese.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2