So I've seen the tabs and heard a lot of songs with it, but how do i do it??

and out of topic but also when u see a tab that skip a string like the intro of "1985: how do u play it?

thanks guys!
"After you eliminated the impossibles, whatever remains, how improbable it is, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
palm muting 101: you put the heel of your right hand on the string as close to the bridge as you can. it should give you a muffled sound of the note but still having the tone. search on youtube if you want on how to palm mute.

i don't understand your second question
well thanks on the palm mute answer.... lol

but what i meant was like this

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
--4/6/8------------4/6/8------------
--X-X-X------------X-X-X------------
--2/4/6------------2/4/6------------
---------------------------------------

i use my index finger to get the 2/4/6 and ring finger for 4/6/8 and middle finger to mute it but i cant manage to keep the middle string mute if it is how i do it?
"After you eliminated the impossibles, whatever remains, how improbable it is, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
those are called octaves. i usually use my index and pinky to play those, and just lay my index finger a little flat to mute the d string.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
play like a regular power chord and just skip a string. ur index should naturally mute it. and if it makes a slight sound you wont hear it anyways.

palm mute: sounds best with distortion. put whole pinky meaty edge of hand/palm on strings right next to bridge.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
oh ok... i see it now... thanks a lot guys!
Mute the strings with your picking hand palm as you play. It's like anchoring on the strings, slightly or significantly, depending on the songs/riffs. If you touch the string with your picking hand(the palm), you'll hear that the sound sounds like it's "blocked" or something. That's the very principe of palm muting. It's really simple once you get used to it.

Edit: The regular mutes, just mute then one of your fretting fingers. Basicly, I'd use my index for the tabs you provided, or middle finger would do good aswell.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.