18. Tennessee
19. Illinois
20. Oregon
21. South Florida
22. Penn State
23. Wake Forest
24. Michigan
25. Fresno State
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
I never thought I'd see the day my Florida State Noles weren't on the pre-season top 25.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Well here we go again, with Ohio State begin possibly the most overrated college football team, besides Notre Dame, who actually surprise me by not being here.

And Clemson doesn't deserve to be #9, there pretty good, but better then Texas? I dont think so.

Also, for any of you college football fans, you should keep an eye on the ACC this year, especially on UNC. I know, they went 4-8 last year, but 6 of those games were lost by 6 points or less, and with a significantly easier in-conference play, and the continuing improvement of their offense, and a chance to close that 6 point gap, they have a real chance to do well this year.
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
I'm actually really excited for this season; being at OSU is going to be a handful
(too bad I couldn't get any tickets )

I honestly don't care how good we do (besides the money it draws to the school)

Will the third time be a charm? heheh
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by RATM forever
Well here we go again, with Ohio State begin possibly the most overrated college football team, besides Notre Dame, who actually surprise me by not being here.

Dude, last year we only had a handfull of players who weren't spending their first year on the field. The fact they even GOT to the national title says a lot about our squad.

OSU FTW
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by RATM forever

And Clemson doesn't deserve to be #9, there pretty good, but better then Texas? I dont think so.

Also, for any of you college football fans, you should keep an eye on the ACC this year, especially on UNC. I know, they went 4-8 last year, but 6 of those games were lost by 6 points or less, and with a significantly easier in-conference play, and the continuing improvement of their offense, and a chance to close that 6 point gap, they have a real chance to do well this year.

Agreed about the ACC thing, but my money's on VT... of course, being a VT student has nothing to do with that...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Yeah, agreed on the ACC. There were a lot of intense games in that conf. last year, can't wait till the season starts
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by RATM forever

how? they were terrible last year.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
I never thought I'd see the day my Florida State Noles weren't on the pre-season top 25.

Sorry to say it, but I could have told you that was gonna happen with the past few years they've been having

Good to see Fresno State pulling out #25...WAC ftw!!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by RATM forever

Woo, go Duke. We're gonna win more than one game this year!

Being a Duke fan makes me very disinterested in college football, though my friends (mainly SEC fans: Florida, LSU, and Georgia, plus also a couple annoying Ohio State fans) talk about it too much.

College football season merely means it isn't too long until basketball.
Quote by nalyd
Woo, go Duke. We're gonna win more than one game this year!

Being a Duke fan makes me very disinterested in college football, though my friends (mainly SEC fans: Florida, LSU, and Georgia, plus also a couple annoying Ohio State fans) talk about it too much.

College football season merely means it isn't too long until basketball.

I cant believe im saying this, but i completely agree with you. ( Im a diehard Heels fan by the way) I just keep up with college football, and see which teams are doing well and such, as a good SEC matchup can be more exciting then some terrible teams in the NfL playing.

I probably shouldnt give you **** about being a Dook fan, cuz i dont want to completely hijack this college football thread, but wen November rolls around look out
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
**** OSU. Wolverines fo life!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by kennyvspenny
**** OSU. Wolverines fo life!

Based off of last year, I wouldn't say that too loudly...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Tebow is going to get back-to-back Heismans.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
Quote by Musicman48858
Based off of last year, I wouldn't say that too loudly...

lol, what's better? beating the team whose QB won the Heisman in a bowl game, or going to the national championship and UTTERLY CHOKING 2 years in a row?

hail to the mother****ing victors.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
WOOOOO, both of my fav teams are on there! (WVU and texas)
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by kennyvspenny
lol, what's better? beating the team whose QB won the Heisman in a bowl game, or going to the national championship and UTTERLY CHOKING 2 years in a row?

hail to the mother****ing victors.

They still lost to OSU both years.

No flames, just sayin'
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
If you guys haven't already, try to catch a Texas Tech game. Not a ton of people outside the region know too much about them, but they're extremely fun to watch. THey're very pass heavy; Graham Harrell usually throws 50-70 passes a game and threw for over 600 yds in a LOSS to Oklahoma State.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Garou1911
Dude, last year we only had a handfull of players who weren't spending their first year on the field. The fact they even GOT to the national title says a lot about our squad.

OSU FTW

Yeah, you got to the national title game to get destroyed AGAIN
I find Michigan behind Wake Forest and before Fresno State a tad blasphemous, nothing against those teas though, and Michigan will prolly suck since all the best offense are gone

My favorite teams are Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, Hawaii, Oregon State, Texas, Texas Christain, Arizona, Arizona State, and LSU

And I of course hate Ohio State and Notre Dame, and I don't care for the rest of the Big Ten besides U of M and MSU, and I'm not big on USC either.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Aug 2, 2008,
If only Dixon didn't get injured... Oregon would likely be at the top of that list.

Thank goodness the rest of last years season was as screwy as the beginning, or Michigan wouldn't even still be on that (thinks about App. St. *shudders*)
Quote by thefuzz454
If you guys haven't already, try to catch a Texas Tech game. Not a ton of people outside the region know too much about them, but they're extremely fun to watch. THey're very pass heavy; Graham Harrell usually throws 50-70 passes a game and threw for over 600 yds in a LOSS to Oklahoma State.

I remember a stat last that went somthing like this, Texas Tech threw the ball 70 times and lost. Navy ran the ball 60 times and lost.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by bajeda
If only Dixon didn't get injured... Oregon would likely be at the top of that list.

Thank goodness the rest of last years season was as screwy as the beginning, or Michigan wouldn't even still be on that (thinks about App. St. *shudders*)

Dixon got drafted anyway
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by RATM forever

I probably shouldnt give you **** about being a Dook fan, cuz i dont want to completely hijack this college football thread, but wen November rolls around look out

I was sure that at least one of you ****ers would be going pro.
Anyone here go for a team in Conference USA?
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
I would love to see Ohio State get back to the Natl Champ....

And get smacked by an SEC team for the third year in a row.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
6 days baybee
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Welp. Week 1 is underway and OSU is doing what it does best. 43 - 0 over Youngstown State (not that it's a big achievement, but it's a solid start )

How are everyone else's teams doing?
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Last edited by Garou1911 at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by Garou1911
Welp. Week 1 is underway and OSU is doing what it does best. 46 - 0 over Youngstown State (not that it's a big achievement, but it's a solid start )

How are everyone else's teams doing?
That's great and all but I'm punching the walls about Beanie. Has it been announced how serious it is? All I've heard so far is no broken bones.
Last edited by MrMojoRisin' at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
That sounds great and all but I'm punching the walls about Beanie. Has it been announced how serious it is? All I've heard so far is no broken bones.

It's not serious. Just a sprain, they're expecting him to be back up on the field by next week.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Wvu's doing pretty good.... Devine hasn't been as explosive as what i thought he would be, I'm more impressed with Jock Sanders this game.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
quick random question.
What is an average FS's stats per season and how many season's do they play for in college?
Quote by Våd Hamster
''I'm gay''

*Awkward silence*

''Actually, I'm just a vegetarian''

*Silence*

Dad- ''Same thing.''
MSU's 3-0 baby! That game today was terribly boring. But a win's a win.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
^3-1 dude, we lost to Cal.

Seriously, Javon Ringer better be in talks for the Heisman.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I take back my Wvu comment... Our offensive coordinator is horrible, and our head coach is just kinda in la la land...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
^Do you miss Rich Rodriguez (sp?)?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
No, but I miss Calvin Macgee, our old offensive coordinator. Rich was stubborn. During the Pitt game Calvin would call a play, and Rich ignored him and used the same 5 plays over and over again. Rich was one hell of a motivator though. I just hope Bill Stewart and Jeff Mullen can get their shit together and win the Big East. After the Ecu game the fans wanted to see us run more and he listened to us, so that's pretty good, but he did nothing but run the whole Colorado game. He didnt balance the plays out very well. We hardly passed it the whole game.

Sorry for the wall of text.

So all in all.
Bill stewart needs to switch Doc Holliday spots. Doc to head coach, Bill to recruiting coordinator. Jeff Mullen's should be fired.
Page 1 of 2