A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself some very nice D'Addario flatwound chromes. I played on them for a long while on my practice amp, then I took them up to the big amps when I could. On the big amps, I get no highs at all, but I get plenty on my practice amp. My settings on my bass and on the amp are on the highest setting on high. Is there any way I can hear those with something, or am I stuck playing on 2 strings?
Flatrounds typically have a duller, bass-ier sound compared to roundwounds which are brighter. Dead strings will also add to the dull-ness.

What might help the highs on your practise amp is that it'll have a very small speaker probably, a 6" maybe. These are better at projecting high notes. The big amps that you have played have much bigger speakers and cannot produce notes with as much clarity, this is why lots of cabs include 1" tweeters.

On an unrelated note, you didnt bring it upon yourself, the kid from the other thread bitching about fender did lulz.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman

On an unrelated note, you didnt bring it upon yourself, the kid from the other thread bitching about fender did lulz.

That thread is awesome! I couldn't yell at somebody like that for a while, but this guy brought it upon himself! After that thread is over someone should bookmark it labelled "This is what we do to ignorant people!"
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
*Looks up to the FIONCE one*
that one my friend
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
I laughed so hard about that thread, I even told my fionce about it. Nobody's on chat to discuss it though.

As for flats, I actually thought the tone knob on my pbass was broken when I switched to them, they have a rounder, fuller sound that I was not accustomed to.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
lol that thread should be stickied

it was awsome
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
lol that thread should be stickied

it was awsome

who has the power to sticky?
mods but they wont do it

to stay on topic:

whats the size of your big amp speakers?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
we should make a 'Fionce' club...

have you tried boosting the treble? that's what I do.

I mean on the bass itself.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
if you make 1 id join it
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all