Ok, I guess this is a pretty common thread.

I just got my POD 2.0 and I love it!.

Everything but the distortion !!!.

I can´t get anywhere near the sound I want!.
My goal is to create a distortion that´s pretty thick with a lot of bottom without sounding "fuzzy". This is the problem.

I can´t get it to sound near as good as the distortion on my amp. (Randall RG75).

The problem is that I use Pod 2.0 with a floorboard, so it´s realy nice to be able to switch between my clean sounds and my lead sounds........., but I NEED a good distortion for the rythm parts !.

If you guys wonder what I consider to be my "favorite" distortion, well, what about
Michael Romeo (Symphony X), I know he uses Line 6 pod. Thats a killer distortion!.

Suggestions..
ermm.. Pod 2.0 comes with software so you can edit your tones ...
so you can change the distortion to the distortion that fits ur style..
try Gearbox + Line 6 monkey .

you can download it on the line 6 site.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
the POD is pretty cool! I like to play around with it alot. Try changing your EQ as well as the distortion type, sometimes it helps layer it better to take out the low fuzzy part. Just mess around with it a bit and you'll eventually find your sound
try line6.com forums...lots of good info over there...and watch out for the "i read line 6 sucks so they must suck" bandwagon
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by type666
Ok, I guess this is a pretty common thread.

I just got my POD 2.0 and I love it!.

Everything but the distortion !!!.

I can´t get anywhere near the sound I want!.
My goal is to create a distortion that´s pretty thick with a lot of bottom without sounding "fuzzy". This is the problem.

I can´t get it to sound near as good as the distortion on my amp. (Randall RG75).

The problem is that I use Pod 2.0 with a floorboard, so it´s realy nice to be able to switch between my clean sounds and my lead sounds........., but I NEED a good distortion for the rythm parts !.

If you guys wonder what I consider to be my "favorite" distortion, well, what about
Michael Romeo (Symphony X), I know he uses Line 6 pod. Thats a killer distortion!.

Suggestions..

I don't think Romeo Uses a Pod. From what I saw when I saw Symphony X live he used this TC electronic guitar processor http://www.gear4music.com/TC_Electronic_G-System_Guitar_Processorsefv_4.html?gad=COO_5foBEgjUTSM1_6-iXBi0mZL_AyDfv5AR

And a boss n2 noisegate into an Engl amp. I was so close to the front of that concert! lol

Sorry i can't be much of a help with the Pod, I just wanted to say that this is his actual live setup.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Well dude getting the hang of a pod takes a while! it took me a while to get a good distortion from my Pod XTL because it was kinda complicated!!!
However if its a distortion tone u desire!! Try this u can use the treadplate, dual rectifier, plexi variac or even better the spinal puppet ,insane or chemical X amp model. After this the second step is to add an effect usualy i follow two rules for selecting a distortion dstompbox!solo = tubescreamer, rythm = classic distortion. Now alot of people add too much gain and get a ****ty tone from the pod instead keep gain lower than 50% and use the Drive! unless u after the tone "add so much gain and lose all definition of the sound". the trick is jus adding enough to cut thru so gain should be a half to 3/4 on. bass should be a half to 3/4 up . mids are to be scooped out and treble set a bit higher than bass! presence( for bright distortion u turn it waay up for a low rythm type one u turn it to zero).
The third step is to use the equalizer and raise the parametric eq at 250Hz and 8KHz. u can experiment with here till u get a satisfactory sound!
FOurth test and eliminate noise from the compressor and noise gate
Ok, my bad!.

I heard he used Pod on some of the records.

I saw Symphony X open for Dream Theater and I must say Romeos sound sucked that night.
2.0s take a bit of tweaking to get the sound you want. I've found that with my Toneport (which uses XT era modeling, slightly different, but still Line 6) adding in a hint of chorus or rotary adds a lot of bottom.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
hellraiserharry,

The settings you talk about, are those for the 2.0 pod ??.

I can´t find "spinal puppet", chemical X.........
Quote by type666
hellraiserharry,

The settings you talk about, are those for the 2.0 pod ??.

I can´t find "spinal puppet", chemical X.........

Those are XT models, so they aren't on the 2.0.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by type666
Ok, my bad!.

I heard he used Pod on some of the records.

I saw Symphony X open for Dream Theater and I must say Romeos sound sucked that night.

At Wembley right? haha if so i was there too, and many people did say his tone sounded like a wall of distortion. Still it was good performance though!
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
I saw them in Stockholm Sweden.

But "wall of distortion" sutes really well for that night to!!.
Quote by type666
I saw them in Stockholm Sweden.

But "wall of distortion" sutes really well for that night to!!.

ah ok, I did a bit of research into what amps and effects he uses and he has used line 6 gear in the studio but only the line vetta head

http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_vettatop_ii.htm

Not that it matters anyway lol it costs so much! And has got nothing much to do with your thread lol
Quote by thegreensquall
By the way, I see that you come from Surrey. Are you familiar with Threshold ?!.