I found one before but it was one where it plays a note and you have to click on the name on the note but is there one for people like me with no theory (and I mean no theory) so I can test if I have perfect pitch? I honsestly think I might...
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
3/10..... probably more to do with a lack of instrument familiarity than bad genes..... or maybe i've had one too many tuning forks bashed against my head....
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Quote by bsoates
I found one before but it was one where it plays a note and you have to click on the name on the note but is there one for people like me with no theory (and I mean no theory) so I can test if I have perfect pitch? I honsestly think I might...

Generally, confidence about the pitch of notes is part of perfect pitch. "Might" doesn't really cut it.
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
^^^^^

You've got a good ear.

I got none right. :-\

I've only been an active musician for almost two years, so I'm not too worried.

It was sarcastic, really; I have perfect pitch.
I usually have a link to everything but it's gonna take me a while to find this one. There was this really cool site that had these 3 tests, 1 for rhythm, 1 for melodies, and 1 for specific notes. They were to test your ears. It was a cool test.

*searches for it*

Byah! http://tonometric.com/

Edit: Cool, I got it before it showed I edited the post.
Edit2: Damn, saying that took just enough time to make it say I edited it. Oh well, the link is there.

Edit3: At 500Hz, I can reliably differentiate two tones, 2.7Hz apart. That's not that good according to their little chart
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by metal4all
I usually have a link to everything but it's gonna take me a while to find this one. There was this really cool site that had these 3 tests, 1 for rhythm, 1 for melodies, and 1 for specific notes. They were to test your ears. It was a cool test.

*searches for it*

Byah! http://tonometric.com/

Edit: Cool, I got it before it showed I edited the post.
Edit2: Damn, saying that took just enough time to make it say I edited it. Oh well, the link is there.

Edit3: At 500Hz, I can reliably differentiate two tones, 2.7Hz apart. That's not that good according to their little chart

And that Music/Image test is ridiculous. How can one possibly justify a correct answer when it seems to me that there is no objective answer possible. Who's the judge who said that so and so a phrase does, in fact, represent a a black square and red triangle with a hump in its hypotenuse, rather than a black circle and black square with it's upper right corner missing.

This pisses me off.
Quote by 5/4

And that Music/Image test is ridiculous. How can one possibly justify a correct answer when it seems to me that there is no objective answer possible. Who's the judge who said that so and so a phrase does, in fact, represent a a black square and red triangle with a hump in its hypotenuse, rather than a black circle and black square with it's upper right corner missing.

This pisses me off.

Synesthesia for the lose? haha

I got 70%/"very good performance" on that. Was quite different but interesting nonetheless.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥