wire my strat[-type(starcaster)] to have volume controls for each of the 3 pickups, like, get rid of the tone knobs?
O O

___
Would you still want to retain your 5-way switch? or would you remove it from the circuit so that you could blend any combination with the volume knobs?
hmm... didn't think about that.
I guess i'd like to keep it, although i'm not really sure.
...yeah, i'd keep it, because i don't want just all 3 pups running, and having to turn down volumes all the time.

and the main reason i'd want to do this, is because i never use tone knobs... AT ALL, and i'd like to have a sort of kill-switch configuration going on, like rolling back the vol. on a LP type of deal.
And also, when i get my new guitar, i'd like to practice modding and such, and i thought this would be something cool i'd do, that i would actually enjoy using....
O O

___
Cool idea. Think about this: 3 mini-switches to control which pickup is on or off, and 3 separate volume controls! Then have the first volume control be a dual-ganged pot which, when pulled out, is a master volume. That would be ownage.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
Cool idea. Think about this: 3 mini-switches to control which pickup is on or off, and 3 separate volume controls! Then have the first volume control be a dual-ganged pot which, when pulled out, is a master volume. That would be ownage.

Do it. NOW!
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Dual-gang pots are not the same thing as push-pull pots. Dual-gangs are two pots controlled by the same single knob. Having an on-off switch for each pickup (or volume for each pickup) but no selector switch would give you the lovely combinations of all three pickups or neck and bridge. But one thing to keep in mind is you can wire your guitar for loads of possibilities, but if you cannot easily switch between them while playing, you lose a lot of the versatility.