Ok, my Peavey Valveking is a great amp to me, but quite recently, the high gain input jack (the one on the left) is freaking out bad. It will either cut my signal completely, or it will switch to clean really fast. I have no idea why it would do this, but it's really bad, because even though the other jack works perfectly, I dont use that one. Any idea what the problem may be? I'm planning on taking it into my local shop soon, but I wanted some expert opinions to take there with me incase they try to bs me.

Thanks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

it might just need to be cleaned
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
How would I go about doing that?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i think just contact cleaner or rubbing alchohol and a Qtip. Computer keyboard spray might work too but just the compressed air type. No chemicals.

does the second input jack work fine?

does the first input jack seem loose at all?
Okay, so I could just dip a q-tip in contact solution and I could use that to clean out the input jack?

The second one, when used in excess, seems to make my amp hiss O_o

And no, it's not loose at all.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm thinking maybe the VK's low gain input bypasses a certain section of the amp, that is buggered up, that's why it only affects the hi gain input. I know some amps have say the V1, V2, and V4 pre amp tubes are used in the low gain input, then ALL (V1, V2, V3, V4) pre amp tubes are used in the high gain input.

Maybe one of your tubes are done, the symptoms you've described all point to tube failure, and maybe that tube's not used in the low gain input, only the hi gain input... Just a theory for you
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
You've probably just got a loose solder connection on the input jack. Get a tech to look at it, or do it yourself if you've got electronics skills.