Crate Turbo Valve 50H & Marshall MG412A Cabinet
I found this for sale locally and its a good deal and I would like to know how this would compare to a roland Cube 60w
Depends on the price really. I'm familiar with that particular Crate but I know that MG cab isn't the greatest...
Get it and upgrade the cab later.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bBreaker
Get it and upgrade the cab later.

+1
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I'm just looking for a Good Tube Amp.
I know marshall is a Good name, and it seems a good price, what cap should I upgrade to in your opinion?

not sure if this matters but I play through a a Boss Metal Zone Distortion petal and a Top
Boss GE-7 Equalizer..
Last edited by Darkice at Aug 1, 2008,
would this be a Good cab for that head?
MESA Boogie 4x12 rectifier RECTO cabinet
Quote by Darkice
would this be a Good cab for that head?
MESA Boogie 4x12 rectifier RECTO cabinet

you could build your entire rig around that cabinet,...the recto cabs are an oversized cab,...that make big sounds,...if its in good shape and $500 or less buy it.
If you've tried it and it sounds good, get it. See if you can get just the head and shop for a 2x12 cab with decent speakers on craigslist. I saw the add for the amp in the sfo site. It's an all tube head, haven't tried one but could likely be very good. Try before you buy.
Yes I could buy just the head for 200 and a Mesa cab for 300 is this a good combo though?
Quote by Darkice
Yes I could buy just the head for 200 and a Mesa cab for 300 is this a good combo though?

well if you dont buy that recto cab...tell me the info and i will buy it at that price..
Quote by Darkice

I'm not sure if $300 is "great" for a 2x12 cab, others may. I would say though, if you like the sound out of the MG cab, a Mesa cab should only improve that. Make sure they match ohms and that you like the head first though. I'm would think that after time if you decided to get a different head, you could sell that one for nearly $200.
Hmm the seller said he would sell the mesa Cab for 200 plus a CPU so yeah I need to find a good Head with it.