Yes, I know there's a BSS thread. This is for Leslie's solo work.

She's not really what I usually listen to, but I've been enjoying most of her stuff lately. At first I didn't really like her, but she grew on me pretty quickly and I just ordered The Reminder. She has a stellar voice, which has a richness that reminds me of Chan Marshall. My favorite song is My Moon My Man by a long shot (so damn catchy!) but I also like I Feel it All, The Park, 1234, Gatekeeper, Mushaboom and Intuition. The only thing that I don't like is that her songs seem to be either you love it or you hate it for me. For example, I can't stand songs like So Sorry or Brandy Alexander.

Anyway, discuss Feist, favorite songs, etc. Here are some YouTube links if you're not familiar with her:

My Moon My Man
I Feel It All
1234 (live on Today Show)
Gatekeeper (live)
Mushaboom
Intuition (live
I love The Reminder, I've got Let It Die as well but haven't really listened to it yet.
My wife always makes me listen to her and I just can't get into it. She has a great voice and the music is (occasionally) par but I've always found her songs to be excruciatingly boring.

Ex.:

Secret heart
What are you made of
What are you so afraid of
Could it be
Three simple words
Or the fear of being overheard
What's wrong

Let her in on your secret heart

Secret Heart
Why so mysterious
Why so sacred
Why so serious
Maybe you're
Just acting tough
Maybe you're just not bad enough
What's wrong

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzz
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
One the best songs i've heard her do is actually a BeeGee's cover. Inside & Out.

but Yeah, i'm mostly in love with Let it Die. that's an amazing album. i wish i still had her first album (the Monarch or something) amazingly rockish for feist.
one of my favorite songs from let it die is the cover of "now at last." i still haven't heard the original though, but she sings it beatifully. she performs it acoustic too, way more upbeat.
Feist's song "How Come You Never Go There" off their latest album Metals is ****ing so great.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
You people should hear her live. Its just so freaking wonderful. I saw her at Ottawa's National Arts Center. So frackin good
Yeah my friend spent 2 years trying to make me listen to her and I wasn't really into any of it, then bam I saw her last month and it's a whole new world
cat
A Feist (or Fyce) is a type of small hunting dog, developed via crossbreeding of various other hunting breeds in the rural southern United States.

Feists generally are small (shorter than 18 inches/45 cm, and weigh less than 30 lbs/13.61 kg), short-coated dogs with long legs, a pointed (snipy) nose. The ears set high on the head and are button, erect, or short hang ears.