Page 1 of 5
how do you feel about them being compared to the beatles

im not even a Beatles fan and im offended by that

...i hope i dont get reported
for some reason the last 2 threads ive posted have gotten reported

.....i think UG is out to get me
Whoever said that is entitled to think that.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Where are they being compared to The Beatles? Whoever sais so must die.
Quote by bdfs05
u got me

Quote by alyxmelia
your a sick young lady tbh
It doesn't matter that much. They might not be comparable to the Beatles in your opinion but others might feel differently.
That's a stupid comparison. The reason the Beatles are so famous is because, even though not everyone likes the music, most people respect what they did. Most people can't stand the Jonas Brothers.

Edit: Unless, of course, they're saying literally they sound the same. In which case, they are entitled to thinking that, but I disagree.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
In what sense were they compared to the Beatles? I don't hear any similarities at all.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Its just stupid.

The Jonas Brothers are a terrible band, anyone who compares their talent or influence to the beatles needs a reality check, and needs to get out of the palm of pop culture.

The beatles changed music forever. The Jonas Brothers did what has been done millions of times before, and were marketed by the biggest entertainment company in the world; Disney.

Its just a typical stunt by the record companies. Pick a hot artist, promote the **** out of them, make a crapload of money on them, then move on to the next artist.

Sound familiar? Brittney Spears, Christina Aguliera (sp?), Miley Cyrus, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Soulja Boy... its all a cycle and it will go away soon in the wake of the next big thing.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
The Beatles were innovative, I mean what havn't they written?

As for Jonas Brothers, just wrote a few popular songs.
I think their whole "promise ring" "no sex before marriage" thing is nonsense. They're knee deep in teenage trim. You think they're not exploiting that? C'mon. If that were me I would be in jail already.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
the lead singer of jonas brother is gay. he told the audience after someone asked him out
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?

Thats just...funny.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
My pen0r writes better songs than the jonas brothers.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
at least the beatles wrote their one songs and had a fan base of more than just girls who etween the ages of 6 and 12.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Its just stupid.

The Jonas Brothers are a terrible band, anyone who compares their talent or influence to the beatles needs a reality check, and needs to get out of the palm of pop culture.

The beatles changed music forever. The Jonas Brothers did what has been done millions of times before, and were marketed by the biggest entertainment company in the world; Disney.

Its just a typical stunt by the record companies. Pick a hot artist, promote the **** out of them, make a crapload of money on them, then move on to the next artist.

Sound familiar? Brittney Spears, Christina Aguliera (sp?), Miley Cyrus, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Soulja Boy... its all a cycle and it will go away soon in the wake of the next big thing.

that there was a good rant my friend

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Also Im pretty sure only one of them writes songs. Three of the beatles wrote songs, good songs.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
I must have missed something, when did we start comparing The Jonas Brothers to The Beatles? This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Nevertheless,

Quote by Pac-Man44
Also Im pretty sure only one of them writes songs. Three of the beatles wrote songs, good songs.
Ringo wrote two songs.

<_<
>_>

Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
**** the jonas brothers stop talking about them your only giving disney what they want, let them die out.
that's just wrong.

THE JONAS BROTHERS compared to the BEATLES!?!???!?!?!??!?!??!??!

F*** THE JONAS BROTHERS and their crappy POP s**t.

Yes, they are chart toppers but ask any band right now who their main influence is. Then ask their main influence who their influnce is. And so on. It will always lead back to the Beatles.
Quote by InvaderTSN
If you don't care for the Beatles, why are you offended? It seems like you're getting worked up over nothing.

no it just kinda frustrating to have the jonas brothers compared to one of the most influential bands in music

Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

SIG!!!!
Quote by OrangePossum

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
Quote by MetalliRage
at least the beatles wrote their one songs and had a fan base of more than just girls who etween the ages of 6 and 12.

+1
Something I think is kinda funny. Most of the JB fans like them for their looks. Well I remember reading that when the Beatles got big, they were the "really hot guys."
There is always going to be stupid people in this world.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Nice rant SlinkyBlue. I couldn't have put it better myself.
And nice avatar DanteLord.
And that facebook post above is disgusting.
Got Bass?
Last edited by DoctrDrew116 at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Its just stupid.

+100 Well Said
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
that abomination of a "band" is nowhere near the beatles. sure the beatles had some pretty crap songs on their roster as well as gigantic hits, but they are on two totally different levels. Why? because the beatles were one of the most influential bands to rock music this world has ever seen. Can the jonas brothers be credited as such? hell ****in' no.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by The_Paranoia
Something I think is kinda funny. Most of the JB fans like them for their looks. Well I remember reading that when the Beatles got big, they were the "really hot guys."
Well, the similarities aren't as far between on the surface. In the early years of The Beatles, they wrote 'poppish' type songs and did make it fairly far on their good looks alone.

However, they all knew that, and disliked it. Which is unlike The Jonas Brothers who know they look good and are riding on that until somebody realizes, 'Hey wait, these guys aren't that good!'.

The Beatles also matured musically, they wrote pop songs and toured playing such songs, eventually maturing into a studio only band so they can focus more on album concepts or experimenting with different kinds of music.

And while nothing is written in stone, I can say in confidence I don't expect to see The Jonas Brothers taking a musical tangent and trying new things when they can ride on their below average talent and above average looks. Especially when their fanbase can barley count to 7.

NOTE: I'm aware they have a older fan base, I'm sorry to say I know a 16 year old who adores them.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

one of my friends on facebook wrote this...

it makes me wanna RAGE

......you should kill your friend
Quote by OrangePossum

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
one of my friends on facebook wrote this...

it makes me wanna RAGE

Show up at her house and RAGE through her door.
She is the epitome of musical ignorance.
Quote by bdfs05
.....i think UG is out to get me

It's because you're black. You should protest or something.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Page 1 of 5