http://www.switched.com/2008/07/31/illinois-considering-anti-walking-and-texting-bill/?icid=200100397x1206870491x1200370320

Illinois is considering making texting and walking illegal in light of recent injuries and deaths. Discuss this ridiculous idea if you would like.
May I be the first to say: YAY ILLINOIS!!!!!! Anyway, It doesn't affect me at all since I don't text ever. Still as long as people aren't walking into propellers I think they shouldn't make walking and texting illegal.
H e l l o .
Thats the stupidest law I have ever heard of being thought of. Almost as stupid as covering up cigarettes... if people wanna smoke.. covering up the cigarettes isnt going to stop them.
cellphones for the fail

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I almost walked into a wall once while texting

But just once, I bike no handed down the road texting some days
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Death? How?
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
People in the USA are messed in the head, the states have so many pointless bylaws and stupid little laws, i think they try to make there ego's bigger so they can compensate for something else

*looks down*

Us Canadians don't seem to have a problem compensating

FLAME SHIELD
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
Thats the stupidest law I have ever heard of being thought of. Almost as stupid as covering up cigarettes... if people wanna smoke.. covering up the cigarettes isnt going to stop them.

hahah DAMN!!! you just contradicted what i just said...

/fail
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
People in the USA are messed in the head, the states have so many pointless bylaws and stupid little laws, i think they try to make there ego's bigger so they can compensate for something else

*looks down*

Us Canadians don't seem to have a problem compensating

FLAME SHIELD

CANADA FTW

You win.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Clearly none of you actually read the article. This isn't just walking and texting, it's doing so while crossing the street.

It's still ridiculous, but much less so when you actually read the article. >.>
Haha awesome, idk, I search through my Library on my iPod while I'm biking...
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Stratoblaster73
CANADA FTW

You win.

ahhhh yeah
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Beakwithteeth
http://www.switched.com/2008/07/31/illinois-considering-anti-walking-and-texting-bill/?icid=200100397x1206870491x1200370320

Illinois is considering making texting and walking illegal in light of recent injuries and deaths. Discuss this ridiculous idea if you would like.

Saw this on the news a few days ago. It also said they want this law because people walk into cars and other things.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
Saw this on the news a few days ago. It also said they want this law because people walk into cars and other things.

this problems easy to solve, i text sometimes when I'm walking home, and you just look up... like how dumb do you have to be to cross a road without looking
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i've seen people crossing a street, literally reading a book, not looking up at all. scares the crap out of you just watching it
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by nalyd
Clearly none of you actually read the article. This isn't just walking and texting, it's doing so while crossing the street.

It's still ridiculous, but much less so when you actually read the article. >.>

I realized that and still didn't read the article. Seriously UG, think before you post.
i don't see how its possible. like i never text cuz i can't afford it, but i have a scheduler on my phone and sometimes i type things on it while im walking, but its like rlly hard, like i start getting dizzy cuz i have to keep looking up. it's like banning walking with your eyes closed in public. It's your choice if u want to take the chance of running into a wall, but it shouldn't be illegal, cuz who knows, sometimes its fun, but its not like hurting anyone else, unless they're bumping into you, but ur supposed to look where ur going anyway and dodge those mother****ers.
Then New York better put a stop to all those so called "emos" walking backwards and talking to there friends. I mean seriously...And they get pissed when I walk into them. Yay for the mall.
I love when people text and walk. It's so awesome trying to get to class in the morning and having to maneuver through the crowds of texters because stephy the overly tanned sorority star just has to tell mischa about that greasy nerd on campus that dared look in her direction and "Cash Money" Yong, the overzealous student from Korea who needs to alert his buddies to assemble the mopeds later on for their weekly shenanigans. I love how they can't walk and text simultaneously so that they actually start running into those walking near them and then can't even look up to say "sorry", or "excuse me." It's so great, I can't even stand how amazing it is.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
They don't need to be fined.
They need to be beaten for being f*cking retarded.

If someone really has gotten killed by texting while walking, my faith in humanity has just sank deeper than it did when I heard people text when driving...
Quote by terrencemaddox
I love when people text and walk. It's so awesome trying to get to class in the morning and having to maneuver through the crowds of texters because stephy the overly tanned sorority star just has to tell mischa about that greasy nerd on campus that dared look in her direction and "Cash Money" Yong, the overzealous student from Korea who needs to alert his buddies to assemble the mopeds later on for their weekly shenanigans. I love how they can't walk and text simultaneously so that they actually start running into those walking near them and then can't even look up to say "sorry", or "excuse me." It's so great, I can't even stand how amazing it is.

You should bump into them on purpose. Not just like a light knock, but a full on crash. That'll show those bastards.

Also, your story sounds like it actually happened lol.
Then people will just stand everywhere...Take 5 steps, get another message...Stand there and text back...Now THAT is ridiculous.
Quote by InvaderTSN
You should bump into them on purpose. Not just like a light knock, but a full on crash. That'll show those bastards.

Also, your story sounds like it actually happened lol.

I did that sometimes, but it didn't seem to change anything. They might say sorry, but then their eyes returned right back to their phones

I may have gotten a couple of the names wrong, but yes, these were people I actually encountered. The kid really calls himself Cash Money and he dresses the part. I know why he's doing it (probably) but it's still amusing.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
if someone gets killed by walking across the street and texting or not looking where they are going then thats their own fault. its like natural selection...those that are too dumb to look when they are crossing the street are just helping to weed out some of the stupidity in our society.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tvl97ZBYlU

THis sort of thing deserves to be illegal, texting and walking does not.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack