I own an rfx200s, click here for a link with details, and I am having some troubles. The amp doesnt sound good. I don't know if its because I am not playing with the volume loud enough, but to me the amp sounds like ****.

If anyone knows of any presets or how to specifically turn these knobs low-mid-high on each channel to get a perfect sound, including the tone knobs on my fender strat, then please let me know.
Last edited by Konrad Harla at Aug 4, 2008,
okay... i had a Crate SS amp a whle ago.... vtx65. I found that turning the bass up to around 3:00, mid to around 12:00 and treble to around 10:00 wasn't too bad... try that and go from there.... if it's there's too many highs turn the treble down... or turn the tone knob on your guitar down... etc... if it's too weak sounding... turn the bass up...
I kinda just messed with the knobs and got some sounds I want. But there aren't any presets to these kind of knobs?

btw I don't have bass/treble

all I have is 3 channels, each with low, mid, and high knobs. along with gain and level.
Quote by Konrad Harla
I kinda just messed with the knobs and got some sounds I want. But there aren't any presets to these kind of knobs?

btw I don't have bass/treble

all I have is 3 channels, each with low, mid, and high knobs. along with gain and level.

low is equal to bass and high to treble

I would recommend to turn all the EQ knob (low, mid and high) to 12 o'clock and start tweaking from there to get a tone you like.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
on the high gain section, low 10, mid 4, high 6

gets you the nice thick crunch every metal guy is looking for